FS: Dynaco Mark III's

Daddy Dee

Mark III's sold

This is a very nice pair of Dynaco MarkIII monoblocks rebuilt from the bare chassis by Will Vincent (Audiogon ID: autospec) last year.

Here's what he does:

-bare chassis punched for all connections on the rear

-chassis powdercoated

-heavy aluminum face plate machined and placed on front of chassis

-toggle power switch and cool blue LED on faceplate

-transformers refinished and shot with auto paint

-new PCB

price: $800 this includes 5U4 rectifier and 6AN8 driver -- 6550 power tubes not included

price $900 including brand new matched quad of kt90 tubes. I can supply a matched quad of 6550 if desired, for the same price.

Thanks to fini for pics of these amps in the Sept. 2005 Hope gathering.

other pics by autospec

there is a pic of the underside of a red MarkIII by autospec, as a sample of his work on an identical circuit Mark III. (you'll notice the red chassis)

feel free to e-mail or pm questions.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving the connections to the rear and machining the face plate with toggle and blue LED on the front improves IMO the appearance of these amps. They look like current manufacture monoblocks, IMO.

There were a few forum folks who heard these in the Hope in a system as pictured.

The quality of Will's workmanship is excellent and the sound is superb, IMO.

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning them.

Incredible deal -- they are extremely well done, and the finish first class.

[:(]

[;)]

If you have a thing about coupling caps, they are easily replaced. However, I know many DIYers who use Solen for quality and price -- when they could easily put in something else. No big deal there, caps are a pretty straightforward tweak.

$800 for this quality is nearly impossible to beat.

Erik

Seti,

Thanks for the good word. (and the CD's too)

Erik,

Yep, that Will is an artist.

Wow sold in under 2 hours is that some kind of a record : )

I hope you like them the ethiopiques and Mau Dibango CDs are my favorites. I also like those memorex black cds they seem to be more durable and read better if scuffed or scratched.

I really noticed a big jump in dynamivs from the integrated Scotts I was using. I not sure if it is just the increased power or the push pull set up, but the dynamics of this amp and the punch it seems to give the bass is fantastic. My set have been brought back to stock. There are many mods that can be made to make them sound even better. So I have heard.