is this a good price for RF-5's?

48n123w

personally i have Rf5/Rb5,i don't feel i'm missing out on anything, so Rf5/Rb35 should work. Hopefully more informed members will offer their opinions. Hey, $250 dollars saved for something you probably don't need to have could go toward your center channel speaker, but don't scrimp on that, get the Rc7.

....John

Ok, another question...are four RF-5's a bit of overkill for movies?

I was thinking maybe two RF-5 front and two RF-35 surrounds. I would save about $250.

IMO...Having perfectly matched speakers in all positions is the optimum. More material is being produced with information out of surround & back positions (movies & multi-channel music). Using the same drivers obviously aids the timbre match creating a more pleasing listening experience. You have to way the cost-benefit, how long will you keep a particular setup & the enjoyment you will get out of it vs. the cost savings of $250. This is subjective.

I will second Arky's comments. I had Dean upgrade my RC-7 (only knew about that due to Arky) and I have never looked back.

Phil

I only knew from someone else who probably only knew from someone else. This forum is a wealth of knowledge isn't it? I have finally learned enough & experienced enough to be able to give a little advice.

JT

I will second Arky's comments. I had Dean upgrade my RC-7 (only knew about that due to Arky) and I have never looked back.

Phil

I only knew from someone else who probably only knew from someone else. This forum is a wealth of knowledge isn't it? I have finally learned enough & experienced enough to be able to give a little advice.

JT

I learned enough in three years to be offered a job at Klipsch. Thanks to these guys!

Michael