Rebuild my RF-7 cabinets?

Fyre_Junkee

UPS has accepted responsiblity for the damage to my RF-7's. Now we will see how much they will pay.

On that note, what suggestions can you give as to whether I should try and have the cabinets repaired, or just build new ones. Who should I check with about rebuilding? What materials did Klipsch use to make them, does the kind of glue matter, etc, etc.

Or, should I just live with them damaged. The damage is all cosmetic, and only visible from the back, except for the one speaker that has the broken foot. That speaker has cabinet damage on the front side, where the foot was.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

I don't have any room to build anything to conceal the speakers, plus the fact that they do pull double duty for HT and 2 channel use.

I would love to have UPS pay to have them brought back to the new condition they were in before being shipped. My problem is that I'm not sure what direction to go to have that done. Complete cabinet rebuild, or replacement of the damaged panels. And that is what I need input on. Has anyone had repairs done to cabinets?

Having UPS simply replace them would be great too, but new RF-7's aren't exactly all over the place right now.

Wayne