FREE Yamaha Turntable - Just pay shipping

RichardP

SPOKEN FOR BY KRITON 11/6 8 pm (sorry to others)

For any of you retro-types who need a turntable for your vinyl lps, here is one for free. Just pay shipping and its yours. It is a Yamaha YP-D6 direct drive model I purchased around 1978, for about $275. Since getting my first CD player in 1984, this turntable has been stored in its original box in an interior closet (yes, for 22 years!). It is used, but not abused. Woodtoned base with silver top. Mounted is a Shure M97 cartridge, which at the time, if memory serves, was about third from the top of the Shure line, below the V15 Type III and IV models. Critical specs include: wow & flutter less than .035% wrms; S/N better than 70 dB (DIN-B; 60 dB IEC-B); speed adjustment +/- 3%; 3.5 lb platter; manual start, auto return; damped arm lifter; wt 23 lbs. Owners manual included. I do not know if any parts "go bad" from age or non-use, so it is clearly an "as-is" item. I don't have any lps to test it on. I did plug it in; it started and speed seemed to be stable, according to the platter edge strobe markings. It is fairly large and heavy, so UPS shipping may be $20 or so. I will reinforce the box with extra cardboard, bubble wrap, and other padding. If convenient, we can use Paypal (you pay the 3% transaction fee), or else some other direct method. First come first served; PM me from here if interested. Pictures follow.

OB: I kept the collection of 100 or so LPs until 1990, when I moved and

just left them for the next tenants. I do not miss the pops, clicks,

distortion, and narrow dynamic range at all.

I am glad to give the TT to someone who can use it.

By the way...I also have a Denon cassette deck which has not been turned on in about 10 years....[;)]

I had 600 to 700 albums when I threw in the towel........Sold them for a big loss just to get rid of them..................No one wanted them then, after the fact everyone would have bought them.........Funny you mention cassettes, finally sold all mine to get rid of them too, cheap...............the only old equipment I wish I kept was my AKAI Reel to Reel...I do at times regret that,but that's the way it goes.................Solid gesture on your part to give TT to Kriton..............