For sale: Assemblage 300b

LeeW

JMON Is a DAC the same as the HT bypass?

By DAC, if you are referring to a "digital-to-analog" converter, then no. A HT bypass switch allows you to easily augment a HT Receiver/processor to your 2-channel system. You can still do it without the HT bypass, which I had done before the Peach, but you would then need to set the volume control on the 2-channel preamp to the same position each time. It's just a little more convenient with the HT bypass switch.

Lee

Let me know your thoughts on the sonic differences between Craig's VRDs and the 300B..I have two of the Assemblage SET300Bs, and really like them! The midrange is excellent. I've often thought about the VRDs, but I'd like to hear them first..and being way up here, no one close has a pair to audition. Not that I don't already know Craig's excellent reputation..I'd just like to hear a set!

Thanx,

Steve

Erik

I love both of mine! That's why I asked Lee for a comparison.

I actually sold my first Assemblage, tried a few other amps, and bought the Assemblage back from the guy I sold it to! Then bought the second one!

That's why I would like to hear my next "replacement" or "new" component before purchasing it. I'm happy with the Assemblage amps, but like most (not all) I always think there's something "better" out there.

Steve

Steve:

"Erik

I love both of mine! That's why I asked Lee for a comparison.

I actually sold my first Assemblage, tried a few other amps, and bought the Assemblage back from the guy I sold it to! Then bought the second one!

That's why I would like to hear my next "replacement" or "new" component before purchasing it. I'm happy with the Assemblage amps, but like most (not all) I always think there's something "better" out there."

Sure, I understand that. Searching seems to be pretty tightly linked to all of this, whether for new amps, sources, speakers, HT equipment, or whatever. I am actually very interested in the Assemblage amp, but just don't have the resources right now.

I'm sure it's an awesome component! I had modified my Moondogs for use with the 300B, and thought it better than the 2A3 or 45. Maybe it was just my mood at the time, or something, but I really liked it very much.

Erik