Samsung HL-S5065W DLP

firefighter

I am considering a new tv and am trying to find the largest one that will fit inside an entertainment cabinet. The max I can go on the cabinet is 40" wide. I found this tv at Sams Club for $1400, it has a 50" screen and the width is 39", so far this unit has the thinest frame that I have seen.

Has any one owned this tv or know anything about it, or can anyone recommend an LCD, DLP, or plazma with similar measurements not to exceed $1800.

Sams has one left within a 100 mile radius so if this Samsung is a good deal, I need to make a move soon.

Thanks, Jack.

Jack, how can a 50 inch tv fit in a 39 inch space unless this is not a wide screen. i have a 44 inch lcd micro rear projection wide screen tv that is 41 inches wide. also i have a 52 inch and it is 50 wide. you would have to go with a 40 inch tv to fit in that space.

recheck your measurements.

I have had the HLP4663WX, an older and smaller version for the past two years. It has had two minor color problems, (a freeze up on a single color, usually all red or all blue) for which Samsung has gladly responded service personnel and replaced a rather expensive computer box each time gratis. The picture is beautiful and I can't say enough for Samsung Customer Service.

I purchased mine due to space issues also and found that Samsung's measurements were spot on. But just to be sure, I'd measure it myself before purchasing.

Best of Luck!

I thought the same thing, how could a 50" tv fit in a 40" cabinet. The only problem is the closest tv is 2 hours away in Savannah GA. I was hoping someone here could confirm the measurements or comment on the quality of this particular unit.

I have seen some of the members here have worked or do work at the retail A/V stores, maybe someone could shed some light on the subject.

http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/DLPTV/files/hls5065.pdf

Pethagorum Therum: Squaring both legs of a right triangle and adding them together equals the square of the hypotanuse. (Go gentle on me you math majors.)

(3x3) + (4x4) = (5x5)

Imagine molding a yardstick on your desk, keeping one end stationary while raising the other end so it forms a slope. The length of the yardstick stays the same, but the length of it's shadow made from a light directly overhead gets shorter.

As far as image quality, haven't seen one, couldn't tell ya.