AR 142 how do i repair them?

angela

Welcome to forum...we need more information on your speakers what exactly is not working the whole speaker or just one driver.Are you sure the wires are hooked to speaker and reciever?Check the basic stuff first.Switch the one that doesnt work to the other side to rule out reciever.Rick

Hi Rick

unfortunately the membranes of both speakers are broken, but i do not have the technical spefications thus i don't know what i can do, apart from buying a new pair [:D]

I had a similar problem with Rogers loudspeakers, the final broken, and could find it in England and had it repaired.

Thank for your help

angela

I dont know what AR 142 is worth but probably be better off finding used Klipsch if you want small book shelf i recomend RB35 or Heresy.Even if you could get new drivers for the ARs they would cost more to get and have put in than used or even maybe new Klipsch speakers.Do you got a Klipsch dealer in your area?If not e-bay would be way to go depends on how much you want to spend.Rick

Not real familiar with the AR 142 but I have restored a few pairs of ARs in the past.

I don't exactly know what might be "broken" on your speakers but my guess the foam surrounds went south and need replacement (which you can do yourself).

Check ebay for vintage-ar seller as he tends to stock parts for most of the 60s to 80s AR speakers.

Next head to classicspeakers.net and try to gather any information or parts that you might need.