A new Klipsch enthusiast needs guidance

OnlyEarnedMDS

About a year ago I purchased a pair of CF-4s from my boss, they were in perfect condition and since I have already read some posts on here about people buying them I wont say how much I got mine for. I have never heard such a well sounding speaker. From that moment on I have been hooked. I finally decided to finish up a surround sound system for my living room, with my CF-4s being my front left and rights. I was planning on getting the RC-64 center, 4 RB-81s for my sides and rears, and the RSW-10D for my sub. I was recently told that the RS-62s would be a much better choice for my sides and rears, but they cost a little more and it seems like the RB-81s would be better for listening to music. The system will be used on movies and music equally so I need something pretty well rounded. Also I am in the military (overseas) and plan on having the speakers I buy now for a while so I want to choose something that will keep me happy for a while. The room (my living room) that the system will be in now is fairly small (anybody out there been to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />England lol) But I am moving soon and the house has a very big living room. The receiver Im getting is an Onkyo TX-SR804, with plans to buy an amp a little down the road. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you in advance for any help/comments

Those CF4's do rock, don't they?

A lot of people are buying two of the RS and two RB speakers for 7.1 . The reason being that if the speakers are pretty close to your listening postion, the RS's give a big wide sound field. But if the room is deep or wide, then on the two far away surround postions, you can use the RB's with their narrower dispersion so you can discern where the sound is coming from. If you don't know of your future room size, I'd think that this would give you many flexible options for speaker placement in the most rooms.

Welcome to the forum! And many thanks for your service to our great country [:D]

I would agree with ColterPhoto here. The RS will help a lot. You might want to look at a Synergy Sub-12 for a sub. I hear it's a wonderful value and really kicks. They are on sale at Best Buy here as well. Maybe when you're stateside you can pick one up or have someone grab one for you.

Chris

• 3 months later...

I have a Pair of the CF4's and they were the first revision i noticed that the bass was a little soft not taut like the other models so i called them and they sent Me another baffle that goes in the front and it made a huge difference in the sound of the Bass.

I was also in contact with them about a Center channel Speaker i waited six months till the right one came out and it is the KV-4 which sounds awesome for center it matches the CF4's so well I couldn't believe it.It cost over 500.00 but was worth it.i think it weighs at leat 50 pounds if not more.

If You don't have the shorter Baffle ask Klipsch for one and if they don't have it let Me know and I will give You the measurements so You can cut it to proper length .That is If You want to.I guarantee you will hear a difference in the Bass.

It has a Horn in middle and a 8 inch on each side.They didn't have a matching Pair for the rear so I bought a Pair of paradygm 9semk3's full range which does a good job.I paired it up with a Yamaha RX-V2090 AC-3 Reciever the very first one and it has Cinema DSP 7 Channel sound I never did buy the extra 2 Speakers because of Divorce but I added Two Carver TFM 55X THX Amps and I still have all of this system with the Carvers in bridged Mono that puts out over 1000 WPC.I lived in the Country and lived in a Octogon House with 7 inch Timbers and five inches of rock plus double tongue and groove Wood Floors and the neighbors over a Mile away could hear it in Winter Time with all the Windows and Doors closed.I kid You not.

Thank you for your service.

I have Klipschorns with KG 3.2 for rears and KV-3 center which I might upgrade someday. I've heard the 62 vs. 64 and though the 64 did a better job, but should at almost twice the price.

I can't really offer advice having "different" Klipsch's that the other posters. But I've always gone into debt to buy the best stuff I thought I could pay for ( eventually ) . LOL

These guys probably know best.

If You can find a center channel speaker like mine ,The KV-4 it matches the CF-4's to the letter.Check out E-Bay or I may be able to be talked out of all three of mine the 2 CF-4's and KV-4 all Immaculate Condition .I got a divorce and have moved into a Apartment for last seven years and I have only once turned them up to 105 db at 1w at 1m.

If You can find a center channel speaker like mine ,The KV-4 it matches the CF-4's to the letter.Check out E-Bay or I may be able to be talked out of all three of mine the 2 CF-4's and KV-4 all Immaculate Condition .I got a divorce and have moved into a Apartment for last seven years and I have only once turned them up to 105 db at 1w at 1m.

Well, there you go. Sounds like a plan to me.

Those CF-4s are beasts. A sweet pair just showed up on my local craigslist for $600. What is a good price for them?