Denon DVD-2200 or Sony DVP-NS975V

malechi

In my living room I have the system listed in my signature. In my bedroon, I have a 26" LCD Sony DVP-NS975V and Panasonic SA-HT05. My question is should I exchange the Denon DVD player with the Sony since the Sony does upconversion? I'm using the DVI/HDMI cable for the Sony but the Denon does not have this option. I'm not upgrading yet because I want to wait and see if Blue Ray or HD DVD wins the war. Thanks in advance.

Denon build good products and sony does to some degree. If you are waiting to see what happens in the format wars then cintinue whith what you have. Upconversion can accomplish some things but will it be enough for you to see the difference for the money you put out?

Another alternative is to get into a PS3 or an Xbox w/the HDDVD drive. Both are about the same cost. But then you have to decide which format do you want? I hate this! For me I am hoping the HDDVD side wins out. Currently BR does not have as many titles and for the first time I saw a commercial for the new Superman movie saying it is available on both of the HD formats. Does this mean we will see more of this or only certain movies? For now I'll stick to regular dvd's and see how this pans out over the next year or so...maybe[;)]

scooter

Last week I replaced a 6 yr Sony. I was hesitant because it works fine & i've never had a problem. I went with a multi Sony that upconverts & has hdmi.

My video is much better but I don't know if it is because of the upconversion or cable technology.