Arcam Solo with Cornwalls?

ibanezhater

I am about to move to a new house, and am turning the basement into my listening room. I just have to buy a pair of Cornwalls (the new ones) ASAP. I have been a Klipsch owner for close to 16 years, and I have been happy with my 2.2kgs. Time to upgrade!

Keep in mind, I am into enjoying stereo music, but I am not an audiophile - I would never buy an opera CD, or anything by Diana Krall. Or purchase Shakti stones. Nope, not today. Not ever. My cheapo Monster Cable is fine. No interconnects on the Solo! I also don't give a darn about home theater either. 2 channel stereo all the way, but keep it honest!

I am impressed by the Arcam Solo. I haven't heard it yet, but it's highly touted, and a "bargain" to boot. I plan to plug in the TV (Sony Bravia 32" LCD) and later an Arcam DiVa DVD player (intro model that plays HDCDs) into the Solo. Again, I don't care about multi-channel stuff.

Has anyone heard the Solo yet? Anyone impressed? How will it sound through Cornwalls? I know everyone says that small tube amps are the way to go, but I like convenience better. I plan to compare the Solo with Linn's Classik, and spend a measly $1,600 or so to get NEAR "audiophile" sound, whatever the heck that means?

Keep in mind, I am into enjoying stereo music, but I am not an audiophile - I would never buy an opera CD, or anything by Diana Krall.

When you put together a great system you will start to listen to music that you would otherwise not listen to. Krall sounds awesome on a great system. I bought all of her CD's. Nora Jones is also a winner. I started listening to "Sunday morning Jazz" on the local classic rock channel. It just sounds so good. Another funny thing, I know why they say Trent Rezner is a genius. Listen to NIN on a great system and you will understand. Instead of a bunch of miscelaneous noises it is very precisley placed sounds and effects conveying a story like an opera (really dark ones). I love it.

I'm not familiar with the arcam stuff you are talking about but I listened to some Arcam at a B&W dealer. Nice stuff. I prefer Musical Fidelity for the price. Built like a tank and not overly bright or harsh. Really nice stuff.