Rogue Preamp Questions

Macallan

I was in the market for a tubed preamp earlier this year but put the search on hold when my Yamaha receiver died and it had to be replaced. I now have a Rotel RSX-1056 as a receiver for HT and as a preamp for 2 channel with a B&K 200.2 driving my RF-7 mains. The Rotel sounds significanlty better than the Yamaha but I am still curious if tubes would take it to the next level. I have found a preamp that fits all of my criteria the Rogue Perseus, it has HT bypass, remote for volume and does not need to be powered on in bypass mode. Has anyone heard the Rogue? The JM Peach is often recommended but it lacks a remote and is too large for my audio rack, I also don't care for the styling which i know is very popular here. Also I really like the idea that the tubed unit does not have to be on in bypass mode, this way my wife can watch TV without using the tube preamp. Any Rogue owners? Will it best my Rotel?

All as i know, is i heard rogue 66 preamp and rogue 88 amp, with vandersteen 2ce's. It sounded decent, but for rock music it didn't have enough umph for me, not sure what's at fault. I would think those speakers could dig low. It was my first listen to tubes so i don't have any expert advice. I just thought i would share that i listened to tubes. However dire straits and josh groban sounded really good. I just wanted more bass for the one heavier rock cd.

I have a customer with Vandersteen something or other and just loves them with VRD's and a Peach. That said the Rogue gear is well regarded and I bet the 88 was just a poor match for the speakers. I'd say if you can get a deal on the preamp why not give it a whirl.....you can always sell it of you end up not liking it.

Craig