Anyone getting the Nintendo Wii?

wheelman

It looks interesting, and I'm bettin is loads of fun especially shooting things. I did demo excite truck at ebgames with it. I wish it had a tad more graphic power, but what are ya gonna do? It is fun and much cheaper than the other consoles, and smaller which I like. It has a wifi wireless internet connection that you will beable to browse the net with the browser Opera early this coming year. Which is a great browser i'm just finding out ( using it as I type with a Mac type skin on a Pc. I downloaded a bunch of skins I can change on the fly. Really fun widgets to mess with too). I just wish I had wifi, I will probally get one after all the fuss about getting one before the holidays is over.

Jay that link worked, thanks. Yeah I doubt I would be into it that much, and it looks like they will probally be getting stronger straps after these reports. Even so I don't think I would, maybe I would with bowling. I could see me smashing a tele with a hardball pitch for sure. I'm thinking the first person shooter would be a blast. It does have me worried now about having kids mess with it. One of the actual big selling points for me. Trying to get people visiting to do something fun together may be a costly thing in the long run. So hopefully they do get a stronger strap.

I don't plan on purchasing one for myself, but a friend did and it's by far the most fun I've ever had with video games.

As far as breaking crap....are these people insane?!? My goodness, you really don't need to be throwing and flicking your wrists this hard. Heck, back in Michigan we had a couple dozen TVs that we needed to throw out...what better way to save dumpster space than to smash them to bits? Throwing a sledge hammer from 5 feet away would take us 3 or 4 tries before the screen would break...and those remotes are a crap load lighter.

Three and a half hour camp out netted one Wii for myself.

Wii sports is a blast with each sports game play being very enjoyable. I really enjoy Boxing, Bowling and Tennis. Playing two person boxing or tennis will have just about anyone sold on this system.

I am holding off on playing Zelda until I get my componet cables in the mail tomorrow!

So I totally took out a huge chunk from the cieling last night while bowling...wasn't even bowling that hard, but these things got some momentum to them. I was so relieved that I didn't nail the TV.... [:o]

That's not good at all. Dang you got me thinking now. I guess if I stick to just shooters I maybe safe. I could see one going through a window easily.   

uh.... fishing line.... I can see people cutting themselves really bad with that idea?

The strap is probally fine i'm guessing? Maybe that little connection to the strap to the wiimote is what's breaking.

Exactly, which is also why it won't cut anyone.