Precision Fidelity C-7 phono preamp

Johncan

• 11 months later...

John;

I cannot believe the "yoyo" that first answered this inquiry for you.

"...passive line stage..." and "...good phono stage..." and "...worth about $300..."--------IDIOT!

The Precision Fidelity C-7 was an AWESOME preamplifier. The reason the company went under was because of such a small profit margin. The C-7 beat out the Conrad Johnson Premier 3 and the Audio Research SP-8 in a head to head comparison by The Absolute Sound....and it cost HALF as much!! The line stage is BOTH active, or passive. It's your choice. Also, the phono stage was absolutely beautiful, and rated higher than the Audio Research's PH-1 dedicated phono stage, and better than the phono stage in Conrad Johnson's Premier 7! People have purchased this preamp for the phono stage alone!!

Just to give you an idea of how well thought of these are, a Precision Fidelity C-7 sold on eBay 2 years ago. It had been dropped and eventually shorted and burned out the transformer and part of the circuit board. It was being sold as "Parts Only" and it went for over $720...............and it didn't work and it looked like hell!

THAT is how bad people want one!

If you can get your hands on one, buy it!

I have 2 of them, and 2 of the matching M-7 power amps!

My stereo guy has offered to buy my spare C-7 and M-7 many times, and he sells Audio Research equipment!

-Pat