picked up a new DD-15

ram2500

I have been debaitng on what sub to get for a while. Had a Velodyne DLS-5000 and realy like it. Had it down to handfull subs but was unable to demo any of them. Nothing good to demo where Iive. The last 5 on the list was an SVS,Klipsch RT-12d,JL F113,Paradigm servo-15,Velodyne DD-15 and DD-18. DLS-5000 is great sub for the money but does roll off at 30hz. So far that bigest difference between the DD and DLS. The DD-15 does go low. Only had it since Sunday so I am still working working on the setup. Going to try and use both subs. Its easy to get a nice flat hz line with the DD but when you add in the DLS it get more complicated.

Congrats on the new gear!!

The DD-15 should be able to control two subs. I use a Velodyne SMS-1 to control a pair of Klipsch Reference subs, the RSW-15 and 12. I use Avaia to set the phase switches and phase angle and then let auto setup take over. The Velodyne overboosts 20 Hz to +6 db. I manually turn 20 Hz down to +3. Sound is excellent.

Bill