Heresy center channel

mdbrien

It is possible? Yes

Just connect one speaker like you normally would, red to red and black to black. Then connect the other speaker like you normally would red to red and black to black. You can have them both connecting at the amplifier or you can connect the second speaker to the first speaker.

Are 2 centers ideal? No

Why are you trying to hook up two speakers for the center channel? If at all possible, you will realize much much better sound by using just a single speaker.

And btw, this method of connecting speakers is referred to as "parallel" and it cuts the impedance in half that the amplifier sees. This can be a bad thing if you connect too many speakers in parallel (causing the impedance to drop too low and blowing up your amp). I'm pretty sure your current amp can handle a 4 ohm load though.

What are you using for right and left speakers?

I used two Heresys for a center between Cornwalls, and it matched the Cornwalls better than one Heresy. But it was not ideal, and I was not satisfied until I got another Cornwall for the center. Try to match the center with the right and left for best results.

No, Don't do two centers. DrWho goes into how to hook them up, but the truth is, you never want two centers.

Reason is, whenever you have two speakers playing he same thing there is always strange acoustic effects. You will always get some sort of harmonics based on how well the speakers reproduce the sound and how far apart they are. For example, and it is only a moderate comparison, when you hear a guitar tuning, or bending the strings, when the two pitches are off, you get a rolling sound as the frequncies mathimatics skip past each other. That is harmonics.

With two centers you will get some strange audio results at some frequency.

Use one center.

JM

Thanks very much for the advice! I will use just one of the Heresys for now as the center. I'm using La Scalas as the left and right and don't think I'll have the room for a La Scala center. I'm using Heresys for the rear.

Could I do better than the Heresy for a center channel?

I thought a read somewhere that someone was using (2) Heresys as a center and that's why I asked.

Thanks,