Anyone remember Frazier horn loaded speakers ?

Hagood

I had some big Frazier floor standers back in my High School days in the late 70's with Marantz equipment, and they sounded great. They were hand made here in Dallas, TX and now I believe they only make commercial systems for Arenas, etc. They were all horn loaded. I guess I've always liked horns, and finally found Klipsch ! Just wondering if anyone else had any experience with them.

Here is a link but there isn't much info beyond the "We ate them and here's where you probably will not find any parts variety"

http://www.frazierspeakers.com/

No hostility implied. It appears that Frazier figured out that they could compete in the commercial market a hello of a lot easier than in the audiophile market and did well enough to get bought out as opposed to winding up in bankruptcy court. Probably a good choice.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca. 1304 BCE)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 11-30-2001 at 08:43 PM

Sounddog---Sorry, don't know much about Fraziers. Just remember seeing their ads in old Audio magazines, ads featured Pete Fountain. I recently asked a horny friend down in Texas about them but he knew very little. I remember that they used a basshorn with concentric folding; exits on all sides of the front of the box with the back of the driver chamber visible in the middle, kinda like RCA World's Fair basshorns or the "Pyramid" horns Showco used to make. Never heard them but I suppose they were pretty good speakers, most horns are afterall. I see them on ebay once in a while. I'd consider buying a pair if the price was right and they were nearby, wouldn't pay Altec, JBL or Klipsch prices though.

Thanks for the info guys. Soundog, if what you had heard is correct, that would be pretty cool that I made the connection from Frazier to Klipsch after 20+ years without even knowing they had anything in common. I must have pretty good ears ! LOL. If anyone knows any more details, I would love to hear them. You're right lynnm, their website isn't much help.