Smilinwalls-Are these the Ultimate horns? Tom, Dean THANKS

smilin

Deans crossovers are great

I'm just the builder, I can barely use a crossover calculator. Top section is old ALK design -- 3rd order tweeter and 2nd order squawker (straight up Butterworth). The woofer section was given to me by DJK, when I told him I didn't know what in the hell to do with it. Credit should go to people who know what they're doing -- I will take credit for making them pretty though.:)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smilin - What will you be doing for 5:1? Are you going to create something that incorporates these? Or have a separate system entirely?

Right now, with my vert corn center, it is pretty frikin great, my rears are crappy Tetra 405's[:P]I also have a pair of martin logan depth subs

Good to hear something from you. You using the 4 ohm taps?

Using 8ohm so far

They will rock, that's for sure.

No sh@t, they sure do

Deans crossovers are great, truth is I can't hardly find the transtion between the double woofers and the 2470/ALK Trachorn. Going into this deal I figured that might be an issue, but it didn't materialize.

pretty seemless integration, maybe just a tad hot on the tweeter though, until I tweak the system, I cannot really give any final say.

What I really liked was the detail in the bass. Find a piece of symphony music with bowed double bass and cellos, it really comes across good.

Tom, Dean, I sure wish you guy's could hear them with my source, tubes, and wire[H]soon,hopefully

I too would like ti hear them in a good room with top quality amps and wire. My room is not good at all but it just doesn't take much of anything to tell those things are good.

JBL 2470 on ALK horn is the nicest mid range I've ever heard. First time I got them all together and cranked up it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I sat down and closed eyes. And, guilty secret, that was with an SI-5 and discman. That's when I really knew they were going to be good.