Difference in Sound Between Heresy II and Heresy III?

skeg1967

I recently purchased a pair of Klipsch Heresy II 2005 in black off Ebay Australia last week. After a 200 mile round trip I got these Heresys home and set them up. Instantly I was impressed with the sound, it sounded totally different to the RF63's no harshness of fatigueing sound and more like the Klipsch Tangent 40's I've been using for the last 5 years but with more detail and clarity. I knew my search for speakers was over after listening to these Heresys but I started thinking I wonder what the Klipsch Heresy III sounded like so I rang my local audio shop and he ordered me a new pair for me to demo over the Christmas break, hopefully they should arrive tomorrow.

What difference in sound should I expect between the Heresy II and Heresy III?

I'll post my opinion between the two after 4 - 5 days of side by side testing.

Regards Skeg1967.

OHMIGAWSH are you going to be pleased...first...I have 2 pair of Heresys that have been freshened by BEC here so they should sound as if they were brand new in 1978 or 1980...I really like the Heresys...my brother has Heresy IIs...from 1989 I believe...I prefer the Heresys...he prefers the Heresy IIs (he recently A/B'ed them in the home next to each other)...we both heard Heresy IIIs...WOW!...I also listened to Cornwall IIIs and thought the Heresy IIIs were "almost" Cornwall IIIs for half the price...please let us know how you like them...and congratulations!...[8-|]

I think you should expect more bass and beautiful clean mids and highs...

Bill

Never really heard a 1, but I own 2's, and would like to hear 3's. I can't imagine a Heresy that sounds better than a BEC done Heresy. My only comment is I feel Heresy's need a sub to bring out the bottom end................but, remember I have always thought that Heresy's powered by tubes, might not need a sub, although, I have never heard Heresy's pushed by tubes, I will soon................I will try a Scott 299 to power my system in the near future to confirm my feelings...................

OB...I look forward to hearing your impressions...perhaps you will like it, perhaps not but I bet you will be pleased...I thought the Heresy IIIs had more bass than the Heresys or Heresy IIs...I only heard them in the store though...I told the sales guy they were almost the Cornwall III...okay, okay...the Cornwall III is mighty indeed but the Heresy IIIs are very nice...can you tel I like Heresys in whatever iteration they come in???

Bill