Weird static when volume knob is touched

WildCard

This has been happening ever since I got these about a year or so ago, but never really bothered me that much. My wife, she seems to really dislike it, hence my post here. Smile.gif

So, touching the volume knob makes a loud crackily static through the speakers. The other knobs are fine and don't do anything other than what is supposed to happen.

Any easy fix to this other than taking them to be worked on? Is this a common problem with the V2-400s?

Thanks!

-Eric-

Yes, it's a common problem. The knob becomes staticy where you use it most, the other knobs would be like your main volume one is if you used them more. I'm also assuming the static only happens at the low volume part of the knob. The 2 ways to get this resolved, you can buy the cp-1 for $50 from Klipsch, which gives you a new control pod, with headphone and mp3 jack. Or you can try fixing it yourself. I remember that twisting it back and forth helps it. I also read that you can open it up and clean it out, because the reason for static is dust as far as I know. If your warrenty isn't up contact Klipsch for a new one, if it is, you can try those 2 suggestions or buy the cp-1.

the warranty is only good for the first year. sorry Frown.gif

bu here, 50 bucks is not too much Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

Thanks for the input guys!

Btrigg-your suggestion to turn the volume knob as far as it can go both ways fixed the static issue! Awesome!

I think I am going to partake in the cp-1 upgrade in the near future. Would be nice to have that headphone jack right.

Again, thanks all for the help!

-WC-

hey btrig.... i actually lived on about 15 acres till october 15, 2001.... i came home from scohol and blasted my pro's till around 9 PM when my parents got home. my friends would come over and we watched movies like they were meant to be heard! LoL!

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

• 2 weeks later...

no, the CP-1 fixes this problem, any problem with a CP-1 is so very rare, think it has happened only like 3 times out of thousands.. if that many Smile.gif

------------------

-justin