Ideas for amp for Ascendant Audio Arsenal 12 in Box

Indyjeep

Ah, a real sub [Y]

Seems I'm a bit late to the party, but you should seriously consider implementing amplification with some filtering (at the very least a high pass filter to control the excursion below the tuning point). Seeing as you're going with a pro amp, your best option would be some kind of processing to go in between the amp and the receiver - which should also work well in converting impedance (unless the Behringer already has line-level inputs). When you crank the system, you'll realize some peakiness in the 40Hz region - hopefully your room will have a null in this region. An alternative would be to implement a slight amount of EQ reducing the output in that region.

Anyways, I think this amplifier would be a perfect match for your situation:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-808
But I guess I mention it for anyone else considering a similar application.

So how important is the signal processing? I just got finished running a subwoofer workshop and we did a side-by-side comparison with a pair of Assassin 12" drivers powered by 1000W of pro-amp versus a single Assassin 12" powered with a plate amp with EQ. The single system without a doubt had much lower distortion at all output levels - simply because subharmonic information wasn't causing the driver to bottom out (on notes you would never hear or feel anyway). Without EQ your configuration should yield a clean 107 dB, but with EQ should yield a clean 118dB...that's quite a bit of difference [:o]

I saw this topics and thought I had to chime in because about 2 weeks ago I purchased the same amp you are going to use for subwoofer duty also [H]

Trust me you are going to love the EP1500! even though I blew up my old 15" sub with it, I still love the thing (it was my fault)

Both the behringer Euro power Amps have in built high passes, selectable at 30hz and 60hz (or turned off) but I suppose this is useless for you because of how low you are porting it.........

A bit of fore warning though.....you will probably have to run the behringer with the gain pretty high to be able to squeeze out all the power......from my understanding most home audio brands (like your Yamaha and my HK) have lower voltage outputs than Pro Audio sources.....I have heard of people using Onkyo receivers with some pro audio gear and getting very lousy performance, supposedly because of the very low powered out put signal.

I think you are going to have a very nice subwoofer system indeed [;)]