The single best book this year: The Hardness Factor!

Colin

The single best book I read this year: The Hardness Factor.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

As I count my blessings of the year, I realize that I read many good books recently, including Uncle Toms Cabin and Freakonomics. As the presidential election heats up, Colin Powells biography (memoir?) becomes even more relevant.

As a political science major, with graduate work in Communications, I can NOT believe that we did NOT read Hitlers excellent treatise on facism, his autobiography, Mein Kampf, which is perhaps the most important autobiography ever written as it transformed a representative democracy into a dictator lead, enslaving, war machine.

As a recently single, middle-age man though, the single best book that I have read this year has to be The Hardness Factor by by Dr. Steven Lamm and Gerald Secor Couzens.

It provides a powerful message to all men. Your penis is a great indicator of male health!

http://www.webmd.com/content/chat_transcripts/1/109289

http://www.thehardnessfactor.com/program/

See my review on page two: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060755512/bookstorenow57-20

The secret to his advice though is NOT so special: good foods, lots of exercise and certain heart healthy supplements.

NOT sure how much effect the supplements had when I was taking them. Instead of merely walking, I began a bi-weekly regime of running and weight lifting. I ran a 2-4-6 pattern of warming up and cooling down: 2 miles an hour for 2 minutes, 4 mph for 4 minutes, 6 mph for 6 minutes. That really got my heart pounding and made a difference. The regime became 3-5-7 program. Plus I got a comfort bicycle and began commuting to the girlfriend a mile away. That adeded activity and her healthy food really made a difference. NOT just in a fantastic sex life, but also in a renewed energy and zest for life. (TomB, are you seeing this?)

The thing is that this is not really news. It is intuitive that there are tell-tales to our condition. A daily and heuristic analysis of bodily fluids and/or effluvient matter should be an important part of all of our lives. Somehow a Puritan concept of "don't look at it, I can't believe you look at it (or god forbid smell it as if you could avoid it)" has invaded many psyches and further removed humans from what it is that makes us human. The idea of sexual vigor or lack of is a direct corollary to this.