I want more output from midrange.

Does anyone have any comments on the Freq. response graph I posted? It really looks pretty flat to me except the 125hz range. Perhaps a notch filter at that frequency? Right now I'm running a 6.4mh coil for the woofer and that equates to aprox. a 200hz 6db rolloff. Perhaps adjusting it down another 100hz but that would leave a whole at 300hz or so.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The freq. response doesn't look a whole lot different than the published Khorn response. The 125hz range boost is my biggest gripe about my speaker, the Khorn, and LaScala and probably any loaded bass horn. I used to use an eq. to lower that range but it's getting harder to find a reasonably priced reciever (I use my system for my theatre setup) that has some preamp input, outputs, or even monitor outs). I have my DVD player hooked up through the 6channel input (Yamaha receiver) and cd input. The 6 channel input doesn't allow tape monitor to be used and I loose the subout on cds but through the cd input the subwoofer out does work. I would love to use the dvd player's dolby II decoder for some cds but I loose the subwoofer output unless I put the main speakers on small.

The reason cost is so important to me is that I live in a small midwest town area and my wife hasn't worked for the last 12 yrs and my 2 boys are getting in High School and expenses are going out of the roof this yr. I built these speakers 18 yrs ago and they're still going strong but with some more tweaks can get them even better.

i thought i had already said to add another driver......didn't i.....man.......

he can add the driver but i would suggest that they be close to each other so that minimal lobing would occur in the horizontal. what is the diameter of the audax?

roy delgado

You sure did say it earlier. I don't know why they missed it.

DIY,

Sorry I can't help on the 125Hz problem. And I only have a two channel setup. Sounds like you have a wiring nightmare.

Bruce

Oldbuckster, that comment doesn't even make sense. After all the posts about how my basshorn behaves like a Klipsch and how I like the sound of the midrange (vs the horn), I'm trying to improve on the sound. I don't think I would be satisfied with the Klipsch either. If you like the Klipsch so well, why are you visiting the updates and mods section? If you want your speaker to sound like a Klispch, don't mod it and update it, leave it alone!