Matching my speakers

Forte Lover

Forte Lover:

The Academy would be the best Center match, followed by the KLF-C7 (neither speaker still in production). Forte II's would be the best surrounds, followed by KSP-S6's for surrounds with our WDST feature (ambience and direct sound for the rear). Both of these are also no longer in production. A good current surround match would be our new RS-7's.

PhilH

Forte Lover:

I'll second what PhilH said about having Fortes as surrounds. I would love to try that, but I don't have enough room to make that happen. Instead, I "make do" with two pair of KG 1.2s as surround/back center speakers. While not as powerful as the Fortes, they do an excellent job and much in smaller space.

I had a KV-3 as my center and thought that did very well, and recently upgraded to a KV-4, a noticable (positive) change. I really like that speaker, but keep hearing wonderful things about the Academy. Maybe someday I will hear that speaker and catch the upgrade bug again. Good luck

I Have a similar set-up to jhawk.

ChorusII mains

KG1.5 rear surrounds

Academy center

Sw12II sub.............................

The KG1.2's & 1.5's really do a fine job as I too do not have room for anything larger on the back wall.

Anyway, the system sounds great!!

Take care

Mike