Anyone in MA want trade an amp for a mountain of equipment?

John in MA

What is the watt rating on those Marantz units?

OB

There is a pic of it in my vintage receiver thread. Josh has been kind enough to give me his for my office. In high school one of my buds had Marantz & it always sounded great. I'm excited about the nastolgic factor as well as the sound. I think i'll buy some heresy's & have Bob freshen.

JT

I also have a Bang & Olufsen Beosystem 7000, with receiver, tape deck, and CDP. Along with a contemporary B&O VHS VCR. Bought it all without any of the remotes or cables and never got into the whole B&O thing. Sources probably need some belts, not sure about the receiver.

And if anyone plays bass guitar I have a SWR Goliath II Jr. speaker cab in good condition. Too big for me.

Considering how this isn't a "for sale" thread, no. If I start selling off the collection I'll go through everything with pics, detailed descriptions, and prices. Some of this gear I have no plan on selling, only possibly trading.

I appreciate your input, but right now I'm just trying to do one thing. If a local member wants to trade an amp or preamp, and is looking for a good lower-power rig or two, I'm here. I'm going to run this a little longer then sort things out from there.

• 3 weeks later...

John, I have a Crown Power Line Four amp that has the rail voltage to snap your Macs into line. They are the washed silver look and are from the 1981 - 1985 era, with 165 wpc. I could route the PL4 via Elkhart for benching to get a clean bill of health.

My youngest brother would be the one picking things up. He is teaching at West Point and has been complaining his wife sold the stereo after he deployed. He actually would be dispersing what he wouldn't use to his fellow friends at the Academy who also lost their stereos during their deployments.

Just let me know if the Crown would do it for you. I won't be taking it to Chitown, but I'll be coming home every couple weekends. And BTW, stop giving the case of beer to your recycling center watchman![:o] You've got too much stuff!

Considering how this isn't a "for sale" thread, no. If I start selling off the collection I'll go through everything with pics, detailed descriptions, and prices. Some of this gear I have no plan on selling, only possibly trading.

I appreciate your input, but right now I'm just trying to do one thing. If a local member wants to trade an amp or preamp, and is looking for a good lower-power rig or two, I'm here. I'm going to run this a little longer then sort things out from there.

Still confused.

Thread says trade an amp for a mountian of equipment.

So exactly which model amp would it take to trade an amp for a mountian of equipment.

Dave, I appreciate the offer but at the moment I'm not really interested in pro amplifiers. I'll never had a set arrangement for my system and I want to avoid input sensitivity/balacing/impedance issues.

Fritz, are you just trying to needle me on the odd method or is my goal really not that clear? OK, I'll try to clear up any confusion that Dave's response didn't cover:

I am looking for a stereo home audio power amplifer or pair of monoblock power amplifiers (possibly and/or a preamplifier), ideally at least 200 WPC into 8ohms, owned by someone who is (or has his/her agent) in the New England area. In return for the previously mentioned amplification device(s), I would like to trade a something, or an assortment of somethings, that the former amplifer owner can feel comfortable with. To that end, I do not mind trading something (or assortment thereof) exceeding the value or popularity, within a reasonable margin, of device(s) received in trade. The previous language "reasonable margin" is to be determined on a case-by-case basis as required. As a real world example of this concept, the "reasonable margin" can be assumed to be greater for a McIntosh in good working order than it would be for a Kenwood requiring maintenace.

Work for you? I'd use braille or sign lanugage if I could, but they're still trying to add that to the forum.