Anyone in MA want trade an amp for a mountain of equipment?

John in MA

Probably a long shot, but fortune favors the bold. I'm in the process of getting two pairs of mammoth McIntosh speakers up and running. One problem is, I've previously been a Klipsch guy and as a result I don't have anything with enough oomph to make big, inefficient speakers sing. And having a pair of desk-size speakers sitting quiet makes kittens and puppies sad.

If someone had a decent power amp (or integrated) in the 150-200WPC+ range I'd be happy to trade a lopsided amount of stuff for it. You pick up in northeast Mass, I literally have a room's worth of stuff. How much I can swap depends on the amp.

As part of my packrat nature I've hung onto most of the audio gear I've aquired in the last ten years--maybe five pairs of speakers (Klipsch, Ohm Walsh, Electrovoice, Mach One), and around 30 components. Lots of 20-60W receivers (NAD, vintage Marantz, Rotel, Kenwood, Pioneer, Luxman, etc), some CD players, tape decks, a turntable or two, and a few odds and ends.

Anyone?

I have the below HT recievers headed for ebay. Getting some new equipment, and their is some stepping to the left that will be taking place. The below recievers have some tricky math that puts them at higher power levels at 6, 4, and 3 ohms. These can all be switched into 2 channel mode.

JVC 1024 - 5 channels, 130 watts per channel @8 ohms. List price was 1000

Onkyo TX-DS939 - 5 channel, 120 watts per channel @8ohms. List price was 3000

Onkyo TX-DS989 - 7 channel, 130 watts per channel at 7 channels @8ohms. List price was 3500

if intrested, send me a PM or email with what you have, operation stuff with no issues only.

Heresy HBR from the '70s

KG4

KG3

All are in great condition, and in use until recently. Actually, the KG3's still are in use, but tradable. Like I said, I also have a ton of other components I can swap. I'm more concerned with getting an amp and reducing my stuff collection than getting equal vaule.

I'm about an hour+ from Plaistow.

Thanks, at the moment I'm only looking for a 2-channel amplifier. Not a big HT guy. Something basic like a Carver, Hafler, Mac, Rotel, that style of thing.

There are a lot of SS Mac's on ebay right now, most have buy it now's of 1000+.  One 250 watt per channel Mac in NJ over the weekend with a buy it now of 1500 bucks.

Carvers seem like a dime a dozen right now on ebay, those will be easier to land.

I'll be putting my Mac MC2205 (200 wpc) on eBay next week. Still in the process of cleaning it up a bit.

Mike

My eye's lit up for a minute......had this been a MC2102 or MC2000, I would have saved you the trouble of listing it.

Here's an incomlete list of the components.

Receivers:

Marantz 2252b

Marantz 2245

Marantz SR440

Pioneer SX-727

Yamaha CR-820

NAD L40 + CD

NAD 7020

NAD 7220

NAD 7250PE

Nakamichi R-1

Luxman R-106

Sony STR-AV970 surround

Teac AG-V8050 surround

Amplifiers:

NAD 3220PE

NAD 3045

Rotel RX-840BX

Kenwood KA-305

Tuners:

Kenwood KT-313 (matches KA-305)

Pioneer TX-9500-II

Technics digital

CD players:

NAD 3-disc changer

Sony CDP-XE40 single disc

Sony CDP-CX153 100-disc changer

Onkyo 6-disc changer

Yamaha 5-disc changer

Denon DCM-420 5-disc changer

Analog input:

Sony PS-FL9 turntable

Sony TC-WR565 tape deck

Nakamichi BX-125 tape deck

Nakamichi BX-150 tape deck

Nakamichi RX-202 tape deck

Teac V-1RX tape deck

Sharp RT-3388A tape deck

Sony reel-to-reel

Other:

DBX 118 compressor/expander

SAE impulse/pop reducer

John,

I have a  less acute version of the same problem.

My recommedation is to find your dream amp, buy it, and then sell off this stuff and close the gap.  Individually the stuff you have won't bring in a lot of cash.  But if you are willing to list, answer questions, pack and ship, deal with damage claims and adjustments, and of course the management time, collectively, you can cash out to cover the cost of a decent american made legnedary amp (which is what it sounds like you want, no off shore stuff).

My impression of your intial post was that you needed a mountain of stuff cleared out, and was offering it up for a decent amplifier, and let someone else play Monte Hall - Lets make a deal on ebay.

At the moment I'm just hoping to find someone in the area who wants to make a deal. The direct gear>gear conversion is more efficient for all involved. I'd rather get someone who needs some good speakers and some components and has a spare amp sitting around.

I'm not looking for anything legendary or esoteric--a solid amp with some power is all. Lots of reasonable ones out there. I could sell a pair of speakers or a few receivers and buy one, but if there are members locally I don't mind helping them out more.

Well crud..the listing is over http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160067871533&rd=1&rd=1

I've always been a fan of dbx stuff and they've got several stout amps out there. This one has ended but you can see the pricing structure. I've got a BX3 and have found it to be a very nice amp to me. It's currently sitting unused in the basement but I'll probably use it when I get my HT setup. It's a 4 channel that can be reconfigured as a 2,3 4 channel amp. in 2 channel mode, I think it puts out something like 350 x 2. A small downside, I do think it has a fan in the back of it so if you warm things up with it, you'll turn the fan on.

Its bigger brother, BX1 doesn't have any fans and uses 100% convection to cool. You hardly see those on Ebay. I think Travis here on the forum, DID (and still might?) have a BX1 for sale? They bridge at something like 450x2?

Looks like a good amp, I haven't heard too much about them, although I own a DBX compressor. SAE's another one that doesn't much talk time.

SAE made some super equipment. Among the many peices I had, was a pair of SAE 501 power amps. 250 watts @ 8 ohms and 500 @ 4 ohms. I ran the two SAE 501's bridged with an SAE P101 pre-amp. In bridge mode the pair were good for 750 watts per channel. Sound was amazing. I used to use it for gigs in the 3000 people attendee range while I was in europe and for a little while in the NYC and Long island NY area.

A breaker poper for sure.

A few years ago I needed some last minute write offs, and i actually donated

2 SAE 501 amps

2 SAE D101 cd players

2 SAE P101 pre-amps

2 SAE E101 equalizers

2 SAE T101 tuners

2 SAE R101 recievers

2 SAE C101 cassette decks

I had two of everything so i had a main and a spare where ever I went.

I'd be interested but to far from Louisville, KY. I am thinking of getting rid of my Adcom GFA-555s though. Good luck

I am in NYC and going to TN this saturday, returning on sunday or monday.

If you two work out a deal, and someone can get to me what ever needs to be brought down south, and you meet me to bring back the adcom, I would be more than happy to help.

If John doesn't bite, and you want a 130X5 HT reciever, let me know, I'll bring with.

I have both an amp and pre-amp that may be what you are looking for.

Perreaux 2150B and SM2. The amp is 200wpc mosfet class A and the preamp is class A also, with torodoil transformer. All mint with original boxes, manuals and recently updated by sending to New York. Can send photos and serial #. Let me know, regards Rick.