Tube amp suggestions for Forte II's

morg

I currently have a SS system consisting of Sim Audio I-5 Moon 70 wpc integrated amp, AH Njoe 4000 tube cdp, Klipsch Forte II's and 2 M&K V125 12" subs. I have heard so much about tube amps sounding great with Klipsch i would like to try an integrated tube amp. Any suggestions in the $1500 range for new or used would be appreciated. Thanks

Lots of people like the Decware Zen amps ( wish I was in the position to buy a pair ) http://www.decware.com You can shop around for a Dynaco ST 70, a friend of mine has Forte's and a ST-70 and loves the combination. I have a old Scott LK-48 you can have for cheap- it's in nice shape though I would recommend a retube, let me know if your interested.

------------------

Just who is Dylan's Jokerman anyways?

Negatory!

I think you can do better than Dec. Since you have such nice equipment so far, I would look for something more subtle for your big old horns.

Since I like the sound that horns make when powered by tubes, I would look at the small crop of low cost tube integrated amps, for which ASL and Jolida come to mind. Check out the Antique Sound Lab MG-SI15DT Single Ended Integrated Tube Amplifier at:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_8_1/antique-sound-lab-15dt-tube-amp-1-2001.html.

The editor said "But, view it this way. The 15DT is an entry level tube product, at an entry level price, but is Class A and single-ended, which are two characteristics that tubophiles love. It's a bargain."

Of course people like Bottlehead, Wright Sound and Wellborne make offerings of pre-amps to go with their amps -

mobile mentioned a Conrad-Johnson unit in another post that would also be worth looking into ...

------------------

Cornwalls & Klipsch subs; leather couch & feet up; lights out & tubes glowing!