DVDO & DirectTV

PhilMays

Phil,

I haven't looked at any of the new products that DirecTV has since we got the TIVO box. But that is about to change[:D]. The new TV I want is on sale at Circuit City and I get a profit sharing check on the 26th. I do see a 55" Sony 1080p SXRD Tv in my near future. So I guess I should start looking at the DirecTV HD boxes, huh??? You will have to come up and check it out. We need to get together sometime this summer and go fishing anyways.

Steve

Phil,

I haven't looked at any of the new products that DirecTV has since we got the TIVO box. But that is about to change[:D]. The new TV I want is on sale at Circuit City and I get a profit sharing check on the 26th. I do see a 55" Sony 1080p SXRD Tv in my near future. So I guess I should start looking at the DirecTV HD boxes, huh??? You will have to come up and check it out. We need to get together sometime this summer and go fishing anyways.

Steve

You are going to finally get that Sony TV that you've been drooling over since last winter? [;)]

I need to go back down there for a visit again - been awhile, especially after you get that new TV.

I am also looking to upgrading my DirctTV to High-Def as well,. Part of the problem was that the DVR boxes where in very short supply and expensive as hell, and are now just finally becoming more available in reasonable numbers and at reasonable prices. I also have to upgrade the dish itself (currently watching DirctTV on a 6+ year old RCA UltimateTV DVR unit and original 18-inch round dish). I love that Ultimate TV DVR, but alas, no High-Def capabilities, and I did not want to give up DVR capability just for High-Def. Finally a unit that can do both is available at reasonable price.

Hey Steve,

Yeh we do need to get together sometime soon. Maybe if you plan to come over it will snow like it did the first time we planned for you to visit.

Yeh I finally got Caroline in on the TV deal and Sony made the 1080P TV without the speakers on the side with the ability to accept a 1080p input. heres the link to the Sony site about the TV

INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDS55A2000&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_55to80TVs">http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/<wbr%20target=_blank>INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=KDS55A2000&Dept=tvvideo&CategoryName=tv_ProjectionTVs_RearProjection_55to80TVs

Steve

Sounds like a plan Steve. We're going to the Outer Banks in late February to do a late Winter Striper fishing trip. Wife is horse showing so it's guys weekend away from that mess. If your interested, let me know!

Phil

PS On Christmas Eve we ate at The Tobacco Company....It's a treat every time I go there!

I haven't been to the Tobacco Company in a long time (at least 3 years) It is a very nice place to eat but it also give your pocket book some excersize. LOL

Don't know about late Feburary I an supose to cook at the BBQ cook-off in Houston from the 21st to the 25th and I am still trying to get off of work that weekend.

Your wife shows horses? Caroline used to show one of ours when we lived in Texas. What type of shows does she go to?

edit: I guess I should say what dicipline does she show in?

Steve

She shows Hunter/Jumper. She has a show in Raleigh that weekend, so, it boring as hell to me and Raleigh is on the way to the beach.....sooooo....my brother-in-law and myself breakaway.

Right now we have a european warm blood from brazil that my sister keeps on her farm (she is a trainer for Hunter/Jumpers).

We used to have a very fine horse, retired, named Classic Importer who was huge on the circuits. He showed in Madison Square Garden, etc. and was on the covers of many magazines10 years ago. When we moved him to Danville from Dublin he took a turn and we eventially had to put him down at NCSU.

What did you guys show? What is your BBQ competition name?

We have an Arabian that she used to show in halter. Before she bought him the girl that owned him showed him in english. One of the college girls that watch our place when we are gone shows in hunter/jumper. She also does the fox hunting thing where they get dressed up in the red coats and go jump fences... lol.

We also have a apendex registered quarter house that is a retired race horse. My neighbor keeps trying to get me into ropeing, but I haven't done that yet.

The cooking team I am on is "The Stockyard Smokers"

Two of the guys I cook with started up their own business here in Houston check out their website at www.doghousesmokers.com

Another one sells his spices on line too, here http://www.huckleberryspices.com

Steve