Looking for a decent used MM or MC phono pre-amp

theplummer

I've been Jonesing for a taste of some of my vintage vinyl that I haven't heard for several years now.

Unfortunately, the only phono pre-amp I have right now is in my Sunfire Theater Grand II, and its in the living room. Trust me there's no room for a phono in that setup.

I've recently set up my old Adcom GTP-550 in my workout room with my extra Heresy II's. I've got room to set up the trusty old Ariston Icon turntable. Or so I thought. Seems that I had forgotten that that darn Adcom doesn't have a phono pre amp on it.

I guess the Adcom engineers thought that vinyl would have been tossed to the side by now for sure.

Soo, If anyone out there has a "decent", Phono Pre-amp that they're not inclined to use any time soon, I'd be more than happy to put it to good use.

Thanks again, and good fortune to all.

I would just buy a new, budget unit also. Take a look at the Cambridge Audio 640P if you want MC capability. If you don't need it and want to try out a tube phono in that system, the Bellari is a nice, warm sounding MM unit. The Music Hall is also really affordable. All of them are better than the typical old school phono preamps inside of receivers and integrated amps. If you want something much nicer, look out for a used Rogue Audio Stealth or a Dynavector P-75. Those will be more however and hold their value very well.

-Bill

http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Phono-Box-MM-MC-Phono-Preamplifi

er?sc=2&category=401

For the low price this decent new MM/MC phono pre goes for, why bother looking for a used one. Of course, knowing your budget might help in finding the right preamp for you.

Thats a great price f a basic Project.

I have the Project-SE, which i offered up, unfortunately, he SE goes for quite a bit more...paid 160 for mine...seen them go for 200+ on ebay.

er?sc=2&category=401

For the low price this decent new MM/MC phono pre goes for, why bother looking for a used one. Of course, knowing your budget might help in finding the right preamp for you.

I have the Project-SE, which i offered up, unfortunately, the SE oes for quite a bit more...paid 160 fo mine...seen them go for 200+ on ebay.

er?sc=2&category=401

I have the Project-SE, which i offered up, unfortunately, the SE goes for quite a bit more...paid 160 for mine...seen them go for 200+ on ebay.

Man,

Speakerfritz and Chicago Pete are bringing awsome deals to the plate, unfortunately though, I don't think I can swing that much right this minute. I would like either one of these pre's, but with the recent purchase of the Forte's, my play money is mostly gone, I will keep both your offers in mind while I scrounge the money for either of your offers.

I did see similar offers on Ebay, but I trust the folks on this forum much more.

I guess I've been out of circulation too long, I figured $60 to $80 bucks for a good quality pre would have been the norm., but as I've been researching, I'm about 25% of where I need to be in my head, pricewise.