Quintet 3 center speaker

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I want to mount the center speaker above my plasma TV and I noticed there is a threaded opening for mounting. Is there a specific mounting bracket that you can buy for this? The Best Buy store where I bought the speakers does not have anything that I can use to mount it with.

Hmmm....I'm not sure. I don't know how often the people that would be able to help you the most check this forum. If you register a free forum account and ask in the more trafficked forums there may be some users that know or it's more likely someone from customer support or engineering will hit this...

You might try contacting our customer support department directly I'm sure they'd be happy to try and find an answer for you:

1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)
Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM ET

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Omnimount 10.0 ST, it is a short swivel mount that uses the 1/4" 20 thread and has straight short stalk for mounting the center Quintet to a wall.

Sadly I just received one of these in the mail after reading this post - and it doesn't thread into the back of my Quintet III center channel speaker. It appears the threads on the bolt coming out of the ball are thicker/wider than the ones inside the speaker. The diameter of the shaft looks right but it doesn't screw in. Anyone have any ideas?

ETA - Okay now I have more useful information to share with this question. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I took my Omnimount 10.0 and my Quintet III center speaker to a hardware store. I verified that the Omnimount 10.0 is 1/4" with a 20 thread just as one would expect. However the insert in the back of my Quintet center speaker is not 1/4" - 20, nor is it even 1/4" - 28. It's metric! It's a perfect fit with an "M6" bolt. Trying to avoid returning the Monimount through the mail for a partial refund, I've been scouring the Internet for a M6 male to 1/4" - 20 female threaded rod adpater but no luck so far (all the M6 ones seem to be 1/4" - 28).

• 1 year later...

So I see this is not a new topic, but I am disappointed there hasn't been a cogent response. I have the same issue. In fact here is my email I sent to customer support and am still awaiting a response. Has anyhow come up with a home remedy for this?

Dear Klipsch-
I have purchased the Quintet III home theater speaker package and have discovered while the satellites have excellent mounts included in their bases the center channel has nothing included. There is a threaded insert in the center bottom rear of the center channel but it is angled. I have scanned the net to try to find a mount and even your own mounts (of which I only found the WB-1 which I can’t imagine would work) and have turned up nothing. I have included in my search such popular sites as
  1. What solution did the engineers have in mind when they put the threaded insert in the rear of the center channel? Was this meant for a Klipsch mount that was never developed?
  2. Do you have a specific recommendation for a make and model of a mount I could use, not just a general recommendation of suppliers?
  3. If the speaker is designed to be on a table/shelf I would imagine the manual would not have recommended that placing the speaker above the TV would be an option as then it would need to be angled down some if the TV is placed at eye level.
I hope you guys have a good answer for me. I love Klipsch, have the 4.1 Promedia on my computer and that is why I continued my patronage. I do need a mount solution for my problem though as a table solution is not a possibility. Thanks so much for your help, I hope you can recommend a specific product that would fit the center channel’s mount intake.
Sincerely,

Loyal Klipsch customer

Some of the first Q III centers that shipped had a 6mm threaded insert rather than the 1/4-20 that is currently used.

We do not have a suggested mount for the 6mm insert. I found some mounts doing a Google search, but were from out of country. A mount that uses a bolt to the speaker rather than one supplied with the bolt attached would be the best suggestion. Try www.btech-usa.com for a possible solution. Look at the BT-33

Thanks! I do want to report here for anyone who is also looking for a Quintet III Center Channel Mount that this latest information is correct. I have now mounted by center channell using an Omnimount 10. Granted the speaker is a tad heavy for the mount to hold at some angles but it works great for me right above my LCD TV pointing down a little bit at the audience. They rock! Thanks.