MR. DUKE SPINNER! please read!!

turbobusa65

First, I would like to say "I am sorry" no matter if I need to or not, for getting sharp with you. I know you were just trying to help me, and your advice means alot to me!!!! That said, I have a set of polk MONITOR 11's to go "with" the RF-7'S and I have been driving both set's with with the old marantz. And while it does sound very good, "LIKE YOU SAID" It just, does not have enough ball's......................... "SO" I bought a whole new rig!!................... Comming is a klipsch RSW-10 powered sub 385 watts. An Adcom GFT-555 TUNER, GFP-555 PREAMP, GFA-555 AMPLIFIER, 200 watts per channel.........................................................................PLUS, ANOTHER GFA-555 AMPLIFIER, 200 watts per channel with MUSICAL CONCEPTS modifications!!!! What do you think this will do guy's??

First, I would like to say "I am sorry" no matter if I need to or not, for getting sharp with you. I know you were just trying to help me, and your advice means alot to me!!!! That said, I have a set of polk MONITOR 11's to go "with" the RF-7'S and I have been driving both set's with with the old marantz. And while it does sound very good, "LIKE YOU SAID" It just, does not have enough ball's......................... "SO" I bought a whole new rig!!................... Comming is a klipsch RSW-10 powered sub 385 watts. An Adcom GFT-555 TUNER, GFP-555 PREAMP, GFA-555 AMPLIFIER, 200 watts per channel.........................................................................PLUS, ANOTHER GFA-555 AMPLIFIER, 200 watts per channel with MUSICAL CONCEPTS modifications!!!! What do you think this will do guy's??

I think if you bridge the two Adcoms (run as mono-blocks) you will be amazed at the sound your RF-7s will create. I do not think you will need (or maybe even want) the Polks in such a setup. The Polks do have a very different sound than the RF-7s and in my experince the two sounds do mix well. Also not sure if the RSW-10 would be able to "keep up" with the RF-7s in such a setup.

This is just my opinion based on owning the RF-7s which are powered by two bridge Adcom GFA-555s and a couple of Polks in another room. I can not be for sure from your post if the two Adcoms both have the MUSICAL CONCEPTS mods or if only one does. If they do not then the setup I mention above might not sound so good as from what I hear the modded Adcoms have a very different sound from the stock units. If in fact one unit is modded and one is not, I would be very interested in your perception of the difference between the modded and un-modded Adcoms.

I think if you bridge the two Adcoms (run as mono-blocks) you will be amazed at the sound your RF-7s will create. 

One sounds better than two bridged. Honest. If you really want to run both amps, then vertical biamp.

Not Adcoms but I just came across a similar situation. Pulling my Mac 30's out of the mix to send to Craig I hooked up a single ST70. Since I have two of them, well, why not? Sounded worse using both in the mono mode.

I think if you bridge the two Adcoms (run as mono-blocks) you will be amazed at the sound your RF-7s will create.

One sounds better than two bridged. Honest. If you really want to run both amps, then vertical biamp.

Can you quatify what you mean by "sounds better". My experience is that the only difference I hear when I have a single Adcom in the system vs when I have both is in the low frequency. The difference is that the bass is much more powerful...more punch with two than with one. The actual SPL of the system is not much different.

Forgive my ignorance but what does "vertical biamp" mean?