New to iPod

colterphoto1

Ignore the talk about Exactcopy because it works only on PC's.

Rip your future stuff on AAC 192 or greater with Variable Bit Rate selected unless you REALLY care for the music (really intense piano for instance) and go with Apple or AIFF Lossless options.

Do not worry about re-ripping.

Do not get the 40gb iPod. If you go for a full sized iPod (not nano or shuffle) you want a video version iPod. They have better drives and batteries and output.

Don't stress out about this. Get a 30gb iPod or 60gb iPod if you want the big screen and large hard drive, choose white or black (match your iGroove perhaps).

As far as photography software goes... lucky me, I got to one of the top journalism schools in the world, the world's first journalism school. I get my Apple computers for hundred and hundreds off and software for pennies on the dollar. Adobe CS2 Suite? $200 Macromedia Studio FX? $70 Aperture? $89 Save the big bucks on like Finale and LogicPro etc.

I might be able to do you some favors ;-)

Oops, didn't see the Mac part.

• 3 weeks later...

Does everybody use itunes to download music to their ipod? Are there any other music servers out there that are known to work? Does anybody have any info on blopster.com. It says it is compatible with ipod, but I can not get it to download to the Ipod.

Does everybody use itunes to download music to their ipod? Are there any other music servers out there that are known to work? Does anybody have any info on blopster.com. It says it is compatible with ipod, but I can not get it to download to the Ipod.

if you can download the mp3 itself non licensed.... no wma will work. most other systems use mp3 that need to update every month or the music will not work

you can buy the cd and load them up by using itunes