Minneapolis Meeting ***Feb 24/25*** You're All Invited

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Googily Moogily, I had no idea it would be so involved to send out a few emails and a few IM's.

Nonetheless, as of 9:38 Tuesday evening:

Wuzzer, dexter, brian berube, Schurkey, Strabo, hammertop and cleandan (Cut-throat was left out as he's in the Bahamas), everyone that has expressed an interest in this meeting was sent both a PM and en email indicating that we need a head count and need it soon. Hopefully they will all reply on a positive note with great equipment to share the qualities of. I look forward to a great response and audio edumication this weekend.

I gave it a shot.

Craig

I hear ya. We're going down for a friends surprise 40th birthday party Sat night. Yet I still intend to be at the Marriot no later than 9 Sun A.M. to get things started.

I listed the people that had received emails/pms, they were all in this particular thread. I do remember now you'd shown an interest in a different thread, sorry you got overlooked. I'll have to search out that thread and see if anyone else got lost in the woodwork. Thanks for the reminder.

Looking forward to meeting one and all.

No problem...

My truck is in the shop so this rules out brining the Cornwalls.

I will however bring a Teac AL-700P and a JM Peach if there are enough speakers to go hook them up..

Wuzzzer: If memory serves me correctly, you have shown interest in trying out a Sonic T amp so if I do make it down, you certainly can take home the Teac for a test drive. It just sits in the closet as a back-up anyway.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/855380.aspx

JJ

Hey Darling,

This is MOM,hammertop's other half... would really like to know the name of the Marriot, Phone Number would be wonderful....It is a go for us but would like to go there Saturday Night and get room for the night....Please send Dad an email @ hammertop@msn.com ( the info that I am requesting). Thank You So Very Much.........See You Sunday!!! Mike would like to kinda.,... sorta ...known if anbody elese is bring CORNS? We will bring the twins if no one else has them closer.

A twin cities weather update for those that plan to drive some distances.

Friday Night - Cloudy with snow likely and a chance of freezing rain. Snow accumulation of 2-4 inches.
Saturday - Snow and chance of light freezing rain. Snow accumulation around 3 inches.
Saturday Night and Sunday - Snow (how much?)

Estimates say that the twin cities could have 12 inches of fresh snow on the ground by the time this storm passes sometime Sunday. The latest forecast I heard rounded the snow to 6 inches by Saturday afternoon with a lull followed by heavier snow Saturday night into Sunday.

Basically, expect snow and plan accordingly, but don't be surprised when no snow arrives. [;)]

Directions from the Minneapolis/St.Paul International Airport

Take 494 West to Highway 169 North; go past 394 and take Betty Crocker/Shelard Parkway exit;

turn left at lights (cross 169), follow Shelard Parkway.

Directions from the East

Take Interstate 394 West to Highway 169 North; take the first exit (Betty Crocker/Shelard Parkway);

turn left at lights (cross 169); follow Shelard Parkway.

Directions from the West

Take Interstate 394 East to the Hopkins Crossroads Exit (County Road 73);

go right (cross 394); take right onto Frontage Road; take a left onto Shelard Parkway.

Directions from the North

Take Highway 169 South to Betty Crocker/Shelard Parkway Exit;

turn left at lights onto Shelard Parkway.

Marriott

® Minneapolis West

9960 Wayzata Boulevard

Minneapolis, MN 55426

Ph: (952) 544-4400

Fx: (952) 545-2851

MarriottMinneapolisWest.com

Last I'd heard it sounded like the major snow would be further SE than MPLS, though they might get 4-6. Not enough to scare any of us that live close enough to consider driving to the meeting.

I don't know of any other Corns that will be attending, so if you can get yours there it would be great!! I'd love to hear em.

Well, my wife just decided to tell me that she was planning on me coming with her this weekend to visit some of her friends that live in western MN. I really wanted to meet you guys and listen to some great speakers. Next time I guess. [:(]

Wuzzzer, hasn't your wife been listening to the forecasts? Doesn't she know the roads won't be fit for man nor beast this weekend? You certainly don't want to jaunt off 200 miles to the west and hit even WORSE weather!! For her safety, and yours, may I respectfully recommend that the two of you stay home for the weekend and just travel the intown surface roads, say, over to Plymouth and back. Never know, you might even run into a few other nuts out on the roads just to listen to tunes.

My wife got home from St Cloud about an hour ago, feeling poorly, went straight to the whirlpool bath and soaked. She's now on the couch, but her going to MPLS and her friends party is up in the air right now. If she doesn't go, then I'll probably end up going down by myself tomorrow afternoon and getting a room at the Marriott so I can be there to start setting up on Sun AM. Hammertop, if you and mom are getting a room, let me know so I can try and look you up Sat night.

We have a room way down in the corner with no one else around us, so I WAS TOLD volume would not be an issue. Room size of 32 X 21, if I remember. It sounds like that could easily be made bigger if need be. $100 covers the room for the day, which I have already put on credit card to secure it. Any donations to offset costs are appreciated. I'll walk around with my hand out and front right pocket held open. ; ) When I originally got the reply from the Marriott it was $500 for the day, but with the late notice and the coordinator and I having several phone calls and emails, we struck a bargain price. Chairs and tables will be in there, I'll call tmrw to see if there is a net hookup in there, they say there's one in every room, but that may just be guest rooms. Would be cool if someone could bring a laptop and upload photos to the forum as the session was going on. Remind me to bring floppy hat and big sunglasses. ;)

Looking forward to meeting everyone and hearing new stuff!!

9:03 and here I am! The business office is 100 ft down the hallway from our room, no one else here yet, so thought I'd pop on. Got halfway down yesterday and remembered the Toshiba doesn't have output levels controls, tried to play one disc but was a little too much for 9 AM. [:S] Going to go out to the truck and grab (don't laugh) my daughters portable DVD player hoping it has preouts so I can at least have something.

Hope the snow didn't keep you all away.

I'm stuck at my house with about a 3 foot drift around my garage and my wife's car. We didn't end up going to Morris last night...thank God! They get crazy drifts out there anytime it snows, we probably would have been stuck out there for days.

It would be fun to still go as I'm sure the freeways and main roads have been plowed well. I don't have a snowblower so it should be fun shoveling out. [:(]