K-33 Ohm test.

Jim Cornell

I don't think the ohm test reaveals anything about the magnets; unless yours were subjected to high temp, or an external field, or spent some time disassembled, the rate of loss would be about 1% each ten years. Some places that recone speakers may have a magnetizing jig that will recharge alnico's back to spec.

Ok cool not alinco. Does this the little Ohm test I performed sound OK, maybe the coils are getting a bit tired. I replaced both woofers with 2 K-33's that read 4.5 and 4.6 Ohm. This prabably wasnt an issue, but the K-horns seem a bit more balanced now. I could be just fooling myself as well, anyway I was bored today and goofed around a bit, nothing big.

Regards Jim

I performed the little test on the woofer terminals themselves, bypassing everything else. They now seem to be a bit more balanced in the low end, as I listened to them. Now I have done some crazy cranking in the early days with the original K-33's so I may have stressed them, or some one before me did. not sure. The K-horns have a more solid low end, this also might be due to the fact of installing a later K-33. These woofers have the square magnets, with the big dust cap. there is no difference really there. The woofers I took out still looked new. Who knows LOL.

I used Mariah Carrey "butterfly" when I listened to the K-horns, and I could swear there was a difference. It was a thunderous low end sound.

Regards Jim

Sometimes. Anyway I am still trying to figure out an H/T with K-horns without using huge surrounds, now there is a complicated situation. I have been watching movies with the Pioneer Elite THX Cinema 2 channel so far. We know K-horns they just about fill the void alone. LOL.

I have the 2 K-33, also Altec 511b's with the K-55-V mounted to them, I have 2 K-77-m's lets see, with a crossover, I could build a nice size center then go from there.

regards Jim