Another KG-4 Center matching question!

threejr

Ok, I've read the recommendations here to buy various discontinued center channel speakers to match my KG-4's. (KG-2.2V, KV-3, KLF-C7)

But, I either can't find any, or can't find any in decent shape (that I trust) for sale. So....

What currently available center channel would you gurus recommend to go with my classic KG-4's to make up the front section of my Home Theater?

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!

-Jim

Still lovin' my KG-4 and KG-2's scattered through the house!!! Don't tell me to sell them, I bought 'em new in '85!

If you have room, I would go with another kg4. You could get a nice pair for probably close to what you would spend on a good center and just use one of them(or go 6.1). Otherwise, patience will eventually yield one of the others you mentioned.

Welcome to the forum!! Another KG lover is always welcome.

Hey Jim,

Depending on how an ebay auction goes for me i might have a C7 I could part with in the next week or so. Only selling it because I am looking for a better timbre match for my mains. It is in perfect shape. If you're interested just let me know and i'll let you know how the auction turns out for me mid-week.

Now no one out bid me! :)

The Kg 2.2V is the CORRECT choice! The C-3, KLF-C7 are NOT timbre matched to the KG4's so why recommend them? People come here for help not misinformation.

Ideally a Kg4 at center is the BEST choice, but the ideal center is the Kg 2.2V an acceptable match would be the Kg 2.5V do not use anything else unless you like an unmatched front sound stage.

Frzninvt,

Thanks for the input. As for using another KG4, I was concerned about shielding. I'd hate to buy another pair, and not be able to use it. For that matter, I could try one of my KG-2's and see if there's a shielding issue with that. It should also timber match quite well. (TV has not arrived yet. - planning)

Hope it's not too cold in VT. Went to SMC a while ago...

-Jim

The Kg 2.2V is the CORRECT choice! The C-3, KLF-C7 are NOT timbre matched to the KG4's so why recommend them? People come here for help not misinformation.

Ideally a Kg4 at center is the BEST choice, but the ideal center is the Kg 2.2V an acceptable match would be the Kg 2.5V do not use anything else unless you like an unmatched front sound stage.

The question was asked: " What currently available center channel would you gurus recommend to

go with my classic KG-4's to make up the front section of my Home

Theater?" (emphasis added).

I was not aware that the KG2.2v was currently available. The reader had spent some time looking and wanted a response from current new inventory- or that is how I read the question.

I am asked for several recommendations per day of this type and do the best I can. I think I took this members call at the office and gave him the suggestions of old product that I felt might work best. Please note the KG2.2V in those recommendations. I always give a range of historic options and a try to make a reasonable choice from our current new offerings. I use criteria such as efficiency, response, design, personal experience, knowledge gained from the Forum, and cost in giving recommendations.

Not every Klipsch owner is willing to scour the US in search of the perfect matchup. As a Klipsch employee I try to never assume that I know more than any users own ears tells him, therefore several recommendations were made with the caveat to check with you guys on the Forum for real life experiences with the KG4 and any of the named center channels.

Any suggestions for doing a better job of recommending center or surround speakers will be welcomed.

Michael

The correct response to what center channel speaker currently available to match the KG4 loudspeaker should have been NONE.

Specifications tell you nothing as to how a speaker sounds and how it will timbre match other speakers in a real world environment.

As far as scouring for a KG 2.2 that is hardly the case, they are available right here on the forum (see Brushci's ad selling three of them), AudioGon and eBay with regularity and anyone with any effort could locate one with ease.

'would you recommend' is very different from 'match' so our good reader placed two qualifications on the answer.

1. must be available without searching for used models- ie new in stock product

2. a recommendation for a center to use with KG4

I answered that question. Did anyone else?

Ok, I'll be judge & jury ;-)

Michael correctly interpreted my original question. I wanted suggestions for a center channel that I could go buy retail and take home. I will listen to new centers - if I can take them home and hear them with the KG-4s first. (most places I've bought from will let me do that)

But FrzninVt is also correct - I came to this forum to pick the brains of Klipsch "experts", and knowing what would be matched - if I could find them, is a great help, since I will NOT get an in home trial off Ebay. (don't forget shipping!!!!!)

So thank you all. More info is always helpful in making decisions, Message boards are notorious for starting misunderstandings, because people need more visual cues and immediate response to communicate fully.

So chill out, and thanks,

-Jim