FS Khorns in Chicago

Chicago_Pete

for all who beleive that sequincial serial numbers has got to mean that the veneer absolutely must match because it is from the same tree and they pick it just so it will match, they spread it out on the floor and look thru it to find the perfect match BLAH BLAH BLAH......................... please see this auction for a pair of sequincial serial number k-horns from the original ouner, and by all means please let me know how this could possiably happen with all the care taken when selecting the veneer 110078245112

OH YEA I REST MY CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Oh for F's sake! Joe - I asked we start another thread on this and left it at that. For my part, all I asked was if they were sequential SNs which is a common question when inquiring on speakers here. Never said anything negative about them. I've no clue when asking this simple basic question turned into a felony offense. Of COURSE Pete's speakers are beautiful and appear in great shape. And FWIW - the pair in your Ebay example look clearly veneer matched to me as does all 3 of Dean's examples. Even the Rosewoods are obviously of the same 'run' and clearly another layer of the dang tree. All veneer matched.

Pete - Maybe start a fresh thread? Sorry.

i didnt start a new thread because i didnt want too, i quit taking orders when i left the military............................. "for f's sake" TEMPER TEMPER you may want to watch that it is not allowed you know ??????, and if you think the pair i alluded to are a matched veneer well then i know why you beleive so strongly in what you are saying (get some glasses or surgery something to help that vision problem), lest you think im the only person that thinks you and others were bashing take a look at the rest of this thread (I AM NOT ALONE) .................. and FWIW i know what you and others are trying to convey when you want matching veneer it has nothing to do with veneer it has to do with serial numbers being sequintial (guess what? i can understand the sentiment, in alot of minds sequintial numbers means a pair, and there for must match !!!!!!!!! I GET THAT) fact is none of the pairs have matching veneer never have and never will all beit differant levels of differances in the veneer they simply cannot match (look up the word match in websters) why do i say it was bashing simple.....you asked your question and received an answer you then followed up your answer with a response calling the speakers inferrior because the veneer dont match............. that is called bashing a product as im sure you know............... if you didnt like the fact they werent sequintial numbers (and therefore a match in some minds) all you had to do was say ok and carry on without the deragatory remarks

AGAIN I REST MY CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

fact is none of the pairs have matching veneer never have and never will all beit differant levels of differances in the veneer they simply cannot match (look up the word match in websters) why do i say it was bashing simple.....you asked your question and received an answer you then followed up your answer with a response calling the speakers inferrior because the veneer dont match............. that is called bashing a product as im sure you know............... if you didnt like the fact they werent sequintial numbers (and therefore a match in some minds) all you had to do was say ok and carry on without the deragatory remarks

AGAIN I REST MY CASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Nope. Wrong again. Never said a single derogatory remark about them. Read again. And yes, your ebay example is veneer matched, as does Colter's & Dean's pics. And no, my mind is not tricking me into thinking that merely because they are sequential. LarryC has it right. You have it 'wrong-o'. Sorry. I still say out of respect, we should/should have started another thread, but you keep sucking me back in both with your engaging me and..... wrong-ness.