LaScalas For Sale near Milwaukee

tidmack

I've decided to part with a pair of LaScalas. I have another pair of LaScala's in my living room and I've been thinking long and hard about buying a new pair of LaScala II's or "possibly" K-horns. But, before buying, I have to sell at least one pair of speakers (maybe both) to justify the purchase. As discussed in another thread I started earlier today, prices seem to be back on the seller's side a bit, but I figured I'd still offer them here before going to eBay. These are 1984's. . .8451425 and 8451426 are the numbers. I've owned them for about 9 years and I'm the second owner. They're a fairly light birch with a laquer or poly clear on them. They've been in two smoke free environments since new.

The original owner added veneer along the front end grain of the plywood. It looks very sharp, but is chipping slightly at the bottom edge of the cabinet. The plywood itself is not chipping anywhere on these beauties. There is one 3" scratch on the top of one speaker, but the tops are otherwise dead mint. I''ve had the cane grilles off since I've owned them, but put them on
for the pics. Note that one of the grilles is discolored from
something spilling in a closet where I stored the grilles back when I
first got the speakers. No plants, no other nicks. The rest of the cabinets are very clean, with just a few minor scuff type scratches that are difficult to photograph. Although I wouldn't call them mint, these speakers have been WELL cared for since new and look incredible for their age.

All drivers work flawlessly and everything is all Klipsch. I did swap the AL networks for a set of AA's maybe 6-7 years ago. The AL's have long been sold. I'm in Oak Creek, WI. . .about 15 minutes south of downtown Milwaukee. I'm an hour north of Chicago, about 5 minutes off I94. I'd like to get $1,400 for them. Please email at tidmack@yahoo.com if you're interested. Otherwise, check them out on eBay this weekend. Thanks.

Jeff

photo#5023057276763070258

Shamelessly taking to the top. I got the auction ready to start tonight and then remembered that next Sunday is the game between the AFC and NFC champions (we can't say *uperBowl anymore, right?!). I figured that's a prety bad night to end an auction. Anyways, I'll have these on eBay starting the 4th, but they're available yet this week. Check the link to Picasa for about 30 nice pics of these beauties. Thanks again guys-

Jeff

More La Scala Pics