So much for warm winter

oldbuckster

• Moderators

It was down to -7 last night and the high today was only 10. Its 8 right now.

We usually keep the house at 60 at night but last night my wife went to bed and forgot to turn the thermostat down so the furnace was trying to keep the house at 68 all night while it was -7 out. That's always good for the old gas bill. [:(]

You guys really should consider installing a wood burning stove. If nothing else to supplement the furnace. That would be good for the old gas bill.[:D]

I haven't had my wood stove going for two years. It just hasn't been cold enough long enough to warrant it. I would want to be there the whole time anyway. If I had a long stretch off, I would have it going. Like, right now would be great, as it is only 8 or 9 degrees outside.

I have a gas fireplace that I normally use to keep the electric heat pump from running all night when it gets cold. But is is shut of until I get the th replaced.

ermocouple

• Moderators

Christy many states outlawed wood stoves.

I wasn't aware of that.

It seems a little crazy to outlaw wood burning stoves, because when properly installed and maintained they are very safe.

IMO, they are probably safer than a fireplace because the fire is contained.