DVD region question

wuzzzer

I know there's a separate DVD section down below but this section has the most traffic so I thought I'd get the most responses here.

I won a Star Wars Episode III DVD on eBay for a wide screen DVD. When I got the DVD in the mail, the outer artwork on the box looked nothing like the photo in the auction. I checked the auction and the UPC code in the auction and on the box itself don't match. The DVD has a 'Region 9' stamping on the front and on the disc itself. I emailed the seller to ask what was up with that. It plays ok in my DVD player but the pic quality really looks bad. Also, when I try and go to the THX setup screen in the options menu, all it does is play the THX title screen that you'd see before the movie starts and it won't go in to the audio/video THX adjustment area.

Anyone have any insight as to what the deal is??

Probably a bootleg. Region 9 is region free, just like region 0. Not too many legitimate DVDs come out with those codes. If you have a computer with a dvd-rom, pop the disk in and check out the size of the data on the disk. I bet you it's a single layer DVD. You should try to get your money back from the seller, and afterwards (whether you get your money or not), report him to ebay. He's probably selling a whole bunch of fakes to people.

Here's what it says under details:

DTS_Star Wars 3_Disc1

File System: UDF

Free Space: 0 bytes

Total Size: 4.36 GB

As opposed to what it says under details on my Ep III full screen DVD:

CHARLOTTE_DISC1_4X3

File System: UDF

Free Space: 0 bytes

Total Size: 7.69 GB

I emailed the seller and they haven't responded yet. I just checked their feedback and they got their 1st negative from someone else stating:

"The DVD case was cracked and it was an obvious copy. Don't buy from this user!"

So, looks like I'm not the only person to get scammed. [8o|]