Quick question about HDMI

PoppaPump

Okay, so i ran the auto setup on my receiver and the speakers seem to be connected properly. I just cant seem to get any sound out of my DVD player (the only thing hooked up at the moment). I have hdmi going from the dvd player to the receiver so it should carry sound right?

Also, could someone look over this info and see if everything looks okay, the Denon setup manual seemed to jump around a lot and was a little confusing.

For the speaker configuration check its saying that my front F-3s are "small", center C-3 is "small".

Distance FL = 11.6ft, FR = 11.5ft, C = 11.2 ft, SW = 26.2ft (the sub is the same distance away as all the others but its saying 26?)

Channel Level Check: FL = +2.5dB, FR = +0.5dB, Center = +2.0db, SW = -5.5dB

Crossover Frequency Check: Front = 40Hz, Center = 120Hz, LFE = 80Hz

I think thats about it for the moment... Thanks in advance!

I have the Sony Upconverting DVD player. And yes, the HDMI cable is the only thing I have running from the DVD player to the Receiver. I saw another post on here about a guy who had the same problem and he somehow fixed it in the auto setup, but I've already run that and it worked fine. I'm wondering if maybe I need an Optical cable from my DVD to Receiver. The thing is, before I got my speakers, I could play my DVD player hooked up to my receiver the same way, and get sound out of my TV. But with my cable box hooked up through component to the receiver, I got no sound out of the tv. So i guess im wondering why i would need an optical cable for the dvd player if it obviously sends sound out through my receiver already?

I misinterpreted that you had a Denon DVD player.

My only suggestion would be on your AVR remote is to push the "ext in" button. If that doesn't work I would continually push the "mode" button until you get some sound. {edit: it sounds like you may have a "source input" setting wrong in the setup if none of the other 2 options work}

I hope that helps.