Colts vs Bears Tonight.... Yes, I am Excited!

IndyKlipschFan

The day started as a wet one for sure. They kept saying no Super Bowl has ever been played in the rain. At one point the person next to me in the 3rd quarter, when it was raining very hard said, Well, it can't get any worse than this......" I swear, Like a Monty Python movie 30 seconds later it started to rain even harder.. hahahahahahaha I looked at this person and said, "No more rain comments ok.... let's just stick to the game!!!) And wow what a game!!!! My Colts Won..... Life Is Good!

I am not so sure how it looked on TV but I would say 60% Bears fans vs 40% Colts, and a LOT of vendors, supporters, Corp sponsors (Of course these are all downstairs and in the suites...LOL.) Each of the 2 teams got 12k seats, basically on the corners behind their team. Colts fans were on the 5 yrd line into the end zone upper level and I mean UPPER level behind the Colts side. The Bears seats were the same on their side too. Dolphin Stadium holds + - 75,000 people.

I was 5 rows from the top on the 5 yard line. 99% all Colts fans around me with 2 in front and 2 behind me Bears fans already 6- 10 beers in them before game time I am sure. When they scored on the opening, they screamed in our face, "Your gonna die Colts fans, Peyton is gonna choke, your gonna lose, you losers...etc., Sexy Rexy... Hester...etc." So OK, yes, I paniced a little.. When we came back later and certainly by the 3rd quarter on, they got quiet... and even left before the end.

The tickets to the Super Bowl were a face value of 600 dollars and you leave? Scalpers were getting 2-6k per seat early on game day it was insane!! People who sclaped them before game day spent 3-10k per ticket,,, This def a game ticket for the big boys!!! LOL>

BTW, Do you ever wonder where those Visa winners of credit card superbowl tickets get to sit? Last row in our section hahahahahahahaha. The tickets were free to them, but nothing as great as the commercial led them to be. (They did not have Colts or Bears clothes on, so we asked why are you here?) They did get to see a concert by Barry Manilow before the game at the NFL experience... I happened to have walked by the tent that had a small stage area and heard Barry, he sounded pretty good even though I am not big fan at all, something about Copacabanna in pouring down rain hahahahaha I was like 50 feet from him but I must say he did not look very good.

Everything in the NFL experience is about corporate sponsors and letting you get a rich history of this game. Think corp sponsored tents where you can buy gear and or get freebies with the corp logo on them as you stand in line for hours..... After a while it gets old.. So we thought, let's get to the seats... so off we went.

Miami I have to give you a "F" for directions and friendliness to helping people know where to park where to go.... No one knew anything. No maps no seating charts to where you are now..... (Police and people in official jackets) We got to the only entrance open before the game and security was very very tight.... We were frisked, went through a metal detector, frisked again and emptied our pockets... Looked at, profiled... and not allowed to bring anything in like a backpack full of raingear, umbrella, or a second set of clothes. After inside the stadium everyone was nice... Well they wanted you to buy stuff too...LOL.

This pretty much sums it up... it was wet, wet, wet. Even 4 inches of standing water in the bathrooms by just before halftime and no I am not kidding!!! Rain ponchos sold out by 2 pm and the game does not start till 6:25 PM. So people started buying trash sacks, ANYTHING to try and keep dry. Peoples phones, (mine included) Cameras all ruined. If it was not for the collective body warmth around me and the fact I knew I was witnessing Indy Colts history that we just might win it.,... I would of left.. But on this day... This Night... No way I would leave. From halftime on... I was glued to my seat! And Halftime..... OMG, Prince was just incredible..and wow was it loud too. They brought in extra PA speakers I have no idea what kind but it was loud, clear, and just amazing.,...

I could go on and on.... Not so much on the game, I assume those that cared watched it either way.. And I was very happy with it too... Outcome wise... But I just want to say this... If you ever get a chance to go to the Super Bowl, do by all means go for it. This is especially true if your team is going also. To stand there...after what like 20 min after the game was over... Seeing your team on the podium everyone around you also cheering and some in tears like wow, we made it... Our Indianapolis Colts, We won the Super Bowl!! It is something I will remember my whole life. I am sure I will pass down this experience to my kids, friends and any Colts fan who cares to hear.... for years. LOL. That 3 mile walk to the stadium will be 10, 20, 30, miles both ways in the rain...LOL.

I can't wait, crazy as it sounds, to get home in my warm dry house, with my family, some friends, great fresh popcorn, hot pizza, a good cold drink to watch it all over again in my HT! I missed all of the commercials, and want one more time to see my Colts win it all !!!!!!!!

Roger Indianapolis COLTS WIN......2007 SUPER BOWL Champs!!!

I could go on and on.... Not so much on the game, I assume those that cared watched it either way.. And I was very happy with it too... Outcome wise... But I just want to say this... If you ever get a chance to go to the Super Bowl, do by all means go for it. This is especially true if your team is going also. To stand there...after what like 20 min after the game was over... Seeing your team on the podium everyone around you also cheering and some in tears like wow, we made it... Our Indianapolis Colts, We won the Super Bowl!! It is something I will remember my whole life. I am sure I will pass down this experience to my kids, friends and any Colts fan who cares to hear.... for years. LOL. That 3 mile walk to the stadium will be 10, 20, 30, miles both ways in the rain...LOL.

Oh yes, I've watched the game in glorious full HD on my Ref-7 setup, and it was an awesome experience there. However, I was actually thinking about you and how awesome it had to of been to actually be there to see this incredible piece of football history, despite the rain (and to think about it, I think you are correct that this is the first Superbowl to have been played in the rain).

Granted, there is something to be said to get to watch the game in the comfort of my own home (it was howling wind here and barely cracking the 20's), plus you get to see some pretty cool angles that you would not likely see at the actual game (I am assuming, however, they showed alot of the same thing we have been seeing on TV on that big Jumbotron thing). However, there is also something to be said to actually be there to experience it as it actually happens - to see that it is indeed real (not something just to watch on TV, but as an actual, real, live event!). To be there to share in the crowd's excitement as well as in all the pagentry that goes along with it. Admittedly, I would love to actually go to a Super Bowl just once in my lifetime, just to say that yes, I've actually been there.

Yes, treasure that experience as that is most likely indeed a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity. Awesome!

I hear from many, many people that they would rather stay home than go to a game like the Super Bowl. The only conclusion I can come to regarding these people is that they don't have tickets or do not like football - LOL!

I have attended three Super Bowl games (and four host city weekends) and can tell you that there is NOTHING like seeing a Super Bowl. Every year when the Super Bowl comes around, I find myself wishing I was there. That feeling was especially true this year with the Bears in it, but highway robbery rates on hotels and scalp tix were juuuuuuuust too much to deal with. But I have to admit that I was checking Ebay and football forums right up until the minute I could no longer leave for Miami......

It was probably a good thing I did stay home, given the outcome. Usually I have no "skin" in the game when attending Super Bowls, as I have only attended games where the Bears were not in, so I could enjoy the outcome no matter who won. This year would have been different....so I'm glad I did stay home: I saved myself the disappointment - and a helluvalotta cash - all the better to get the VRDs done[:)].

But it sounds like Roger sure got hooked up[:D] When Roger first told me he had tix for the Super Bowl, I urged him to use them, and to resist the urge to sell the tix (which is a natural reaction and thought given what Super Bowl tix sell for on the open market). Glad to hear that your 20+ year wait for a championship was well rewarded. You have memories that you will cherish forever. And I can think of no other team besides the Bears so deserving of a championship. The Colts do things the right way, and show that nice guys can finish first, too.

Steve and Audible.... others that care..

The thing was other than 3-4 times no instant replay at all, and I missed the commercials.... But your right, you just get this awe of wow.... I am here on the greatest stage of Professional Football Sports. You get shivers that every play could hold that magic to your team could bring home that trophy and give you bragging rights till next year!

They had a parade in Indy to show you how crazy it is, in well below freezing weather! Some people stayed in line for 3 hours plus and eventually 50,000 people showed up in the RCA dome in Indy to welcome the team back.

And your right, nice guys can finish first, too.

PS. How were the audio and camera angles for the game?

PS. How were the audio and camera angles for the game?

The video and audio was awesome on my own system. Seeing the replays as well as some of the "supervision" footage was cool, such as some of those shots down the field from the quaterback's perspective, thus giving you an idea of what the quarterback is seeing. Of course, those "magic lines" do make it easier to see where the ball is in relation to the field position, i.e., how far to get first down.