Can't Even THINK of anything to spend money on...

Mallette

Paul:

I'm on. Got to find Rick, who lives nearby and is ready for a session. Can't recall if that was in this thread or not...

Hey, 1rst Cav...

Anyway, I work 10/5 and start my next 5 off a week from Friday (Fri-Tues). Let me know what's convenient.

1rstCav: Good to hear from you! I got a superb "Best of Louis Armstrong" album at a store in Brandon near my inlaws house. Can't recall the name of the place but think I could find it again. It was a few blocks off the major highway (not freeway) that runs through Brandon. When I lived in Big Spring, Texas in the 70's there was a place called "The Record Shop" that had been in business since the 30's. The owner NEVER sent a record back unsold and the place was filled top to basement with 78's, LP's, R2R, even a 4 track cartridge (!!!) of the Beatles first album I shall always feel STUPID for not buying. Everything was always the original retail price. When Oscar died in the 80's, word has it that someone purchased the whole inventory for 10k and carted it away.

Dave

Well, I got one. Not BIG one, but big enough for me..after all, it's primarily my LISTENING room. Nice 36" LCD HD. HBO HD is pretty awesome, and I've been enjoying Rome...

Great to hear from you Jeff. Love to see/hear the changes you've made. Your HT system is WAY ahead of anything I ever experienced. Drop in if you are ever in the vicinity. We got a guest room near the listening room!

Regards,

Dave

Yep. ol Oscar Glickman chomping his ceegar. The basement was my favorite. Thousands of 78rpm records that had NEVER seen a needle drop. One Benny Goodman I picked up is still one of my favorites and sounds better than 90 percent of CDs.

One thing I've wanted to do is drive through east Texas and visit small town radio stations. I suspect there are still many with storerooms full of treasure available for the asking or next to nothing.

Dave