Confused about Wireing Weirdness and Hearing sound when perhaps I shouldn't

meagain

????   Preamp has 4 Aux options...   

Aux 4:  CDP 
Aux 3:  Behringer deq2496 (turned off)
Aux 2:  DVD player (was testing between 2).
Aux 3:  Nothing

With preamp on and HT bypass OFF.......

Aux 4:  Plays CDP as it should.
Aux 3:  Plays same CDP despite Behringer unit turned fully OFF.   WHY????????????
Aux 2:  Plays DVD sound

With preamp turned OFF completely but left on HT bypass.......
If I turn up my AVR high, I hear the TV sound bleeding through.

LOL  Is this odd or is it me?   Why would I hear the CDP thru Aux 3 when the Behringer is turned off?   Why would my TV sound bleed through the amps when my pre is physically turned off?     I've posted about this back in April or so when I somehow got it in my head....  a fear of signal bleed through having some effect on my sound.   Anyone see anything wrong with the above?

Yea - clear. Flip back and forth between Aux 3 & 4 sounds the same. This confuses me cuz the unit on Aux 3 is turned off.

Lisa

I'm assuming that you have the CDP output "Y" connected to the AUX 4 Input and the Behringer and if so My guess (since I haven't tried it) is that when the Behringer is powered down the unit must bypass the input signal to the output. I know the behringer does have a hard bypass option(relay) so maybe the relay is in that position when the behringer is powered down.

mike tn

Pass through, bypass, etc. allows input signal (sound from inputed device) to continue through without any processing when device is off or set to this mode. Looks like you might want to check and see if there is a switch to turn off to stop this "problem". You need to "break the connection" either by turning off the pass through switch or using an alternate wiring method or inserting a "breaker box" which cuts the output of your CDP to the Behrenger before it gets to the pre-amp.

In essence, it's like leaving a light switch on with no bulb in the socket, "We all know we shouldn't stick our finger in the socket" because there is still electricity going through it. Same principle here, even though the Behringer is off (bulb out of the socket), you still have a signal (switched on electricity) going through the wiring you have hooked up to it, and in this case, you hear the sound (i.e.screaming out in pain) because you have your pass through either actively or passively (finger stuck into) open to the pre-amp (the socket).

Best of luck!