Erlands Khorn Project

Erland

Curious to what glue you used for the veneer... and how did it work for you?

I used Bostik that comes on an aerosol spraycan. 3M has the same product that I know others have used.

It works well, but you need to make sure threat the surface first if you start with plain plywood without any varnish or coating. Alternatively use very much glue!

I went for the spraycan solution to ensure I spread the glue evenly. You need aprox. one can pr. front of the basshorn.

Spray the glue on both surfaces, and wait for about 15 mins.

Be extreemely precise when laying the veneer to the horn! When the glueed surfaces gets in contact, there are no way to get them apart without destroying the veneer.

For amatours like me, it did not mather how precise I was, small bumps or unevenness appeared on the surface. I had been advised to have a hot iron ready (the type you use for clothes)[if uit's a steam-type, make sure to drain the water]. By using that to flatten the surface, or make the wood subtract, you can flatten most unevenness.

Please ask again, If I am unclear of anything.

By the way, here are a picture of the top assembled with the bass XO to the left, with the tweeter XO standing next to it, hidden behind the trachorn.

Midband XO to the right.

All internal cable are 2mm 99.99% pure solidcore silver with exeption of the cables from the bass XO to the woofers. They are 1.5mm solidcre Cryotreated silver, with a layer of Palladium on the outside. I do not want to worry about the quality of my internal cables[;)]

ferdigbak.jpg

Top section are threaded in bottom, and Soundcare Superspikes are fitted

• 4 weeks later...

Just a "note" from what supposed to be a quiet dinner party on Saturday afternoon;

When grown men cry and dance with the remotecontrol, and one of the towns "interiour-pushers" expresses that
"these kind of loudspeakers are actually very cool"

Then they're all KLIPSCH'd[:D]

Great Stuff Erland! To get even more out of your speakers try some room treatments (absorbers, reflectors, traps etc). You will be stunned at what these 'additives' can do to a room especially when you have Khorns that excite air particles more than most speakers.

All the best