Quick! Could this actually be real?

anarchist

For 100 plus, I would find the metal base earlier editions, I really, really, like their tone, MUCHO better[:'(]JMHO[H]

True dat, but those will be MUCHO PLUS $100. More like $175 each NOS......I've seen some dealers charge $450 per matched pair for the steelbase versions.

But since you mentioned this, are you opining that the differences in rectifiers are audible with the VRDs that you use? Have you rolled rectifiers in these? I seem to get differing opinions on this question.....some hear/appreciate the differences in NOS rectifiers in the VRDs, some don't. What do you think??? I'm more interested in the Mullards for the long life/stoutness of the tube for use in the VRDs, but if they sound better, that's gouda too.......

For 100 plus, I would find the metal base earlier editions, I really, really, like their tone, MUCHO better[:'(]JMHO[H]

True dat, but those will be MUCHO PLUS $100. More like $175 each NOS......I've seen some dealers charge $450 per matched pair for the steelbase versions.

But since you mentioned this, are you opining that the differences in rectifiers are audible with the VRDs that you use? Have you rolled rectifiers in these? I seem to get differing opinions on this question.....some hear/appreciate the differences in NOS rectifiers in the VRDs, some don't. What do you think??? I'm more interested in the Mullards for the long life/stoutness of the tube for use in the VRDs, but if they sound better, that's gouda too.......

he

In MY system, I definately heard differences, after refining it all the way thru. I can definately hear differences in any, and all changes(wire, tubes, et)The mullard eary big base GZ34, is 2nd best to the metal base, and then, pretty much, older-newer. When you get your system dialed in, that is when you start spending $$$ on tweaking your system.[;)]