Meagain's at it again

Parrot

Paul,

To be fair, prototypes undergo a great many changes before their final release to the public. Frankly, the 402 implementation looks far better to me than the funky horn Paul posed with. Neither are what I would consider pretty but I would take 402 if those were my only choices. It would have been nice if they built the one Valerie posed with. Rather simple solution I think is to buy the plain bass bin and build your own upper but then apparently - it wouldn't be a Klipsch and would be an invalid comparison.

ha ha......[:P]....you almost had me going!!!

Edit: Let me be clear in case someone misunderstands. I am in complete agreement with Paul that the 402 is not a "home" item. I don't think PWK would have sold that version nor do I think he would have bundled the 402 horn with the LF bin either. I think he would have produced the "Valerie" version. I would have to take it (the 402) over that other ugly thing anyway if I had to have me a pair.

actually no.....paul didn't like that version, he wanted the horn naked......but that's only if.......you know.........you're into facts......we now return you to poo poo parrotland........

Is it better to sell a "bastardized" version or no version? That is the question and those stepping forward with their wallets are answering it. Is it a prudent decision? I will offer my opinion when I have heard them. For now and I suspect in the future, my 78's bring me joy while listening and I enjoy their beauty.

have a blessed day,

BOY!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you fantasizing again? Who criticized the performance of the Jubilee?

You had said, "The home Jubilee as envisioned by PWK does not exist. A bastardized rendition can be special ordered..."

Well, I don't know how else to take the latter statement. As far as what PK envisioned, how in the hell would you know? There were lower cost, unfinished versions of most his speakers when he ran the company, it's likely his vision included those of us who wouldn't be able to afford the full blown finished model. As a side note, the Jubilee in his home has a composite version of the wood horn (and black no less).

These are 'Man' speakers Paul, your preoccupation with WAF has me concerned.:)

Since you didn't address the performance issue, I'm going to take that as you admitting that you are not a careful reader and were just blowing smoke.

Do you think the bastardized version looks the same as the one PWK posed with? Do you think PWK thought anyone would be crazy enough to want a 402 in his living room? Even the Mad Cowboy didn't think he'd sell any. Turns out, he underestimated the number of people who can be talked into having "the best."

The AES paper is all about the bass cabinet. The completed Jubilee home version does not exist. It went to prototype. Bean counters said the wooden horn was too expensive. That's why people are using different top configurations and why you are going to run through dozens of combinations and never be satisfied.

Sure as God makes little green apples, PWK did not intend a 402 for the home.

since you've been talking to pwk here recently (i assume that that's how you know all that you that paul would and wouldn't like), can you ask him where he left my slide rule?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

i guess what he told me doesn't count......or what we worked on together and THE goal on what he wanted....or that it has been his life'S ambition to take the khorn back to 2 way......i don't have a dog in this race.....and quite frankly don't care what you or others think......but as you so assuredly want to place words in pwk as much as keep me from quoting.....get a grip.......it is what is......facts are fact....accept IT or go oN deceiving yourselves........klipsch didn't make the jub......lots of people whined about it......the paper was on the lf......paul thought that THAT was the significant part of the development of the jub........3 months to do the hf horn.......18 to do the lf.............after reading about the bellying aching.......i said the jub (the significant part of the jub) was in existence......put up whatever FREAKING horn you want on top........and live happily ever after.....but some people just can't stand to see people happy or even content.....get over it....

dang!!!! i got serious there for a minute....enough of that!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado or as anarchrist has called me

BOY!

I don't know about "serious" but it sure is revealing.

You had said, "The home Jubilee as envisioned by PWK does not exist. A bastardized rendition can be special ordered..."

Well, I don't know how else to take the latter statement. As far as what PK envisioned, how in the hell would you know? There were lower cost, unfinished versions of most his speakers when he ran the company, it's likely his vision included those of us who wouldn't be able to afford the full blown finished model. As a side note, the Jubilee in his home has a composite version of the wood horn (and black no less).

Since you didn't address the performance issue, I'm going to take that as you admitting that you are not a careful reader and were just blowing smoke.

Do you think the bastardized version looks the same as the one PWK posed with? Do you think PWK thought anyone would be crazy enough to want a 402 in his living room? Even the Mad Cowboy didn't think he'd sell any. Turns out, he underestimated the number of people who can be talked into having "the best."

The AES paper is all about the bass cabinet. The completed Jubilee home version does not exist. It went to prototype. Bean counters said the wooden horn was too expensive. That's why people are using different top configurations and why you are going to run through dozens of combinations and never be satisfied.

since you've been talking to pwk here recently (i assume that that's how you know all that you that paul would and wouldn't like), can you ask him where he left my slide rule?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

I gotta give you credit for obscuring simple issues--I guess that's what you're trying to do? PWK didn't intend the 402 for the home, did he Bad Cowboy? I know it doesn't matter to you--any old freaking horn will do, so you say--but humor me anyway. The "naked horn" you reference wasn't the 402, now was it?

i guess what he told me doesn't count......or what we worked on together and THE goal on what he wanted....or that it has been his life'S ambition to take the khorn back to 2 way......i don't have a dog in this race.....and quite frankly don't care what you or others think......but as you so assuredly want to place words in pwk as much as keep me from quoting.....get a grip.......it is what is......facts are fact....accept IT or go oN deceiving yourselves........klipsch didn't make the jub......lots of people whined about it......the paper was on the lf......paul thought that THAT was the significant part of the development of the jub........3 months to do the hf horn.......18 to do the lf.............after reading about the bellying aching.......i said the jub (the significant part of the jub) was in existence......put up whatever FREAKING horn you want on top........and live happily ever after.....but some people just can't stand to see people happy or even content.....get over it....

dang!!!! i got serious there for a minute....enough of that!!

have a blessed day,

BOY!

I don't know about "serious" but it sure is revealing.

if the bad cowboy just had some feathers!!!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

I gotta give you credit for obscuring simple issues--I guess that's what you're trying to do? PWK didn't intend the 402 for the home, did he Bad Cowboy? I know it doesn't matter to you--any old freaking horn will do, so you say--but humor me anyway.

first say

POLLY WANT A CRACKER!!

then i'll humor you.....

have a blessed day,

roy "bad cowboy from bodcaw" delgado

or

bodcawdian cowboy

hmmmm.....or

bod cowboy......

well.....or

caw cowboy

hey close.....

caw cow (sounds like bird call, don't it)

YEAH!

Okay, to summarize your take on this, Bad Cowboy, and do correct me if I'm wrong:

Since I have pointed out that the 402 looks bad and was not designed for a living room and was not envisioned by PWK for the home Jubilee, that means I'm envious of anyone who has a Jubilee and that I do not want anyone to be happy. Is that about right?

Some Of The Most Imprortant Facts That Have Come Out Of This Thread(This Actually Was Stated In Past Threads) Is If You Are Willing To Pay There Are Many Cosmetic Options Available And As In Deans Case You Can Get A Smaller Horn Which After Roy Test And Optimizes It Through The Lab And Listens To It (Yes Roy Optimizes The Design And Also Does Listening Test) Dean Will Have A Complete And Extremely Well Engineered Design !!!!!!

Facts!!!!!!!! Who Wants Some?

mike tn[:)]

I do.

Is it a fact one doesn't capitalize the first letter of every word in a sentence?

Is it a fact one should not have a paragraph consisting of one long run-on sentence?

Anarchist [:o]

yes mrs collins!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Okay, to summarize your take on this, Bad Cowboy, and do correct me if I'm wrong:

Since I have pointed out that the 402 looks bad and was not designed for a living room and was not envisioned by PWK for the home Jubilee, that means I'm envious of anyone who has a Jubilee and that I do not want anyone to be happy. Is that about right?

you obviously have problems with facts....small one.....dean's getting a 510.....

don't worry.....there is a cure if you would just believe!!

BE HEALED!!

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Secondly, lets review a fact from this white paper or whatever. It states - based on the performance graphs - the new bass bin is at least as good as the original.

There is nothing wrong with offering the Jub in its current form and Kudo's to Roy for making or helping to make it happen. I don't know if it bests the Khorn or not but I am eager to take up someone (thanks) on their offer to let me listen to theirs.

But lets be consistent when wanting to refer back to facts and particularly careful when trying to use PWK's name and declaring what was in his mind or his intent or what the future would have been if his intent had actually been brought to fruition.

i guess what he told me doesn't count......or what we worked on together and THE goal on what he wanted....or that it has been his life'S ambition to take the khorn back to 2 way.....

Where did I dispute any of this?!

but as you so assuredly want to place words in pwk as much as keep me from quoting.....

I don't think anyone should be putting words in his mouth and I certainly don't begrudge your from quoting what he told you.

after reading about the bellying aching.......i said the jub (the significant part of the jub) was in existence......put up whatever FREAKING horn you want on top........and live happily ever after.....but some people just can't stand to see people happy or even content.....get over it....

Perhaps you need to read what I wrote again since you are ranting about something I applauded you for...

"There is nothing wrong with offering the Jub in its current form and

Kudo's to Roy for making or helping to make it happen. I don't know if

it bests the Khorn or not but I am eager to take up someone (thanks) on

their offer to let me listen to theirs."

BOY!

Be insulted if you like (I hope its another one of your attempts at humor) but I didn't choose your forum name - you did. I meant no offense by it if and when I did do so and frequently shorten names.

The other poster needs to lighten up as well. I was trying to lighten things up with my post about their writing style which is why the funny face was included. It was quite funny actually and I didn't expect such negativity in return.

Well lets see what have we learned from this thread so far!

Parrot doesn't like the looks of the Jubilee we are choosing to use in our homes!

SO may I suggest you don't buy them Parrot!

And If anyone's reasons for buying a speaker is because of what someone else might think then be carefull of anything you buy! Heaven forbid someone makes up their own mind!

The K402 Horn Works Extremely Well in the Home!

Doesn't matter why it was designed it is an exceptional design and I say this because I have heard it in Klipsch's room and My Home and the Data Will Support This Also!

If you can't live with the High Performance of this Horn because of it's Looks (Which Again I Like In My Room) then there is nothing wrong with going with the K510 or for another option if your willing to experiment since the KHJ is a wonderfull platform to build on!

Some Of The Most Imprortant Facts That Have Come Out Of This Thread(This Actually Was Stated In Past Threads) Is If You Are Willing To Pay There Are Many Cosmetic Options Available And As In Deans Case You Can Get A Smaller Horn Which After Roy Test And Optimizes It Through The Lab And Listens To It (Yes Roy Optimizes The Design And Also Does Listening Test) Dean Will Have A Complete And Extremely Well Engineered Design !!!!!!

Facts!!!!!!!! Who Wants Some?

mike tn[:)]

miketn,

couple things wrong with that......first you are using logic and second, who would save you from yourself? coyotee-o?? heck he'd steal them and get 7x the plug ugly going to do a home theater.......so cut it out young man or no ice cream for you...

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

I don't think PWK would have sold that version nor do I think he would have bundled the 402 horn with the LF bin either. I think he would have produced the "Valerie" version. I would have to take it (the 402) over that other ugly thing anyway if I had to have me a pair.

actually no.....paul didn't like that version, he wanted the horn naked......but that's only if.......you know.........you're into facts......we now return you to poo poo parrotland........

Is it better to sell a "bastardized" version or no version? That is the question and those stepping forward with their wallets are answering it. Is it a prudent decision? I will offer my opinion when I have heard them. For now and I suspect in the future, my 78's bring me joy while listening and I enjoy their beauty.

have a blessed day,

BOY!

Well then, thank God PWK didn't get to make that call cause that naked horn is FUGLY (I assume you meant the one he posed with.) In that case, I would have had no interest or would have been begging for a 402 instead. The 402/LF at least looks like a system where that other horn looks like something someone found at a yard sale and stuck on top of their speaker.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though.

Just an aside...

I find it very interesting that so many here that profess to be striving

after the best sound are so hung up on the aesthetics. The irony of it

all is that they can sacrifice sound quality for something that looks

better, yet they ignore that fact and continue to complain they don't like the looks of a speaker that many others actually enjoy! I might as well tell them the paintings hanging on their walls are ugly.

Secondly, lets review a fact from this white paper or whatever. It states - based on the performance graphs - the new bass bin is at least as good as the original.

There is nothing wrong with offering the Jub in its current form and Kudo's to Roy for making or helping to make it happen. I don't know if it bests the Khorn or not but I am eager to take up someone (thanks) on their offer to let me listen to theirs.

But lets be consistent when wanting to refer back to facts and particularly careful when trying to use PWK's name and declaring what was in his mind or his intent or what the future would have been if his intent had actually been brought to fruition.

actually i don't have to be anything.....i have had the distinct honor of working with paul and i worked very closely with him for about 15 years. i know what to say and what not say to try, in my oh so feeble attempt to portray paul as a man that was always on the quest, so quit trying to save me from myself....okay? and here's my smiley face....[:)]

i guess what he told me doesn't count......or what we worked on together and THE goal on what he wanted....or that it has been his life'S ambition to take the khorn back to 2 way.....

Where did I dispute any of this?!

you kidding, right?,..,...okay where's the camera?...another smiley face....[:)]

but as you so assuredly want to place words in pwk as much as keep me from quoting.....

I don't think anyone should be putting words in his mouth

and that's YOUR OPINION.......

and I certainly don't begrudge your from quoting what he told you.

why thank you....another smiley face....[:)]

after reading about the bellying aching.......i said the jub (the significant part of the jub) was in existence......put up whatever FREAKING horn you want on top........and live happily ever after.....but some people just can't stand to see people happy or even content.....get over it....

Perhaps you need to read what I wrote again since you are ranting about something I applauded you for...

"There is nothing wrong with offering the Jub in its current form and Kudo's to Roy for making or helping to make it happen. I don't know if it bests the Khorn or not but I am eager to take up someone (thanks) on their offer to let me listen to theirs."

YOU SAID THAT!! wow...i thought you that you had cut and paste it from someone else's thread..another smiley face......[:)] i can set you up with coyotee-o if you want......

BOY!

Be insulted if you like (I hope its another one of your attempts at humor) but I didn't choose your forum name - you did. I meant no offense by it if and when I did do so and frequently shorten names.

lighten up....i figure if i keep practicing at humor, i'll get it right someday....but if you remember, a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.....no wait, in a thread far far away, as you were putting me in my place....as i recall, you didn't mean BOY! in a nice way...and i couldn't sleep at all that night......i know you don't care....but i wanted you to know that just as well.....please...i need a moment......

The other poster needs to lighten up as well. I was trying to lighten things up with my post about their writing style which is why the funny face was included. It was quite funny actually and I didn't expect such negativity in return.

i'm sorry sir....i was using the keys with smily faces on them if that counts......dude, you want a serious conversation bring it on but when people decide from out left field that they know this and know that and absolutely, positively have nothing to back it up but STILL present it as fact...i go into non-strattera BOY! till then...lighten up......[:)]

have a blessed day,

roy delgado