Nice set of EV T-350s

BEC

About as nice looking as I have seen. Unfortunately they are both bad. Even more unfortunately, they are both 16 ohm and very old. That means they have the diaphragm sandwich type of diaphragm mounting. That is where the diaphragm has a thick gasket glued to each side of it and the positioning of the diaphragm in that pair of gaskets is what centers the diaphragm in the magnet gap. These things are really hard to put a new diaphragm in and do it successfully.

Later models, after about 1965 or so, have a machined ring in the diaphragm mount and only use a single small gasket between the diaphragm and the magnet assembly. Those are much, much easier to change the diaphragm in.

Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures while doing these and if the forum server holds out, I will post a bunch of them. Don't expect them to be a really step by step tutorial. Each of them seem to present their own challenges. I never guarantee success on these things and yes, we ruin a diaphragm occasionally.

The K-77 is shown in this picture to give you an idea of the size of these tweeters.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819325157548_thumb.jpg

Very good photos... you must talked your wife into taking them since I see both of your hands soldering.[;)]

BTW, what would be the price of a properly working pair?

I know it would be more personal taste but how would they sound in comparison to modern tweeters such as CP25s?

Ki