Nice set of EV T-350s

BEC

Are you centering that diaphram by eye? between the gasket? Are you adding any dabs of glue between gasket to hold diaphram?

More by feel than by eye.  Glue just on top and bottom of the gasket.  Remember I did not completely separate the gaskets.  Only half separated.  Then you just need a bit of glue on the top and bottom holding the diaphragm in place.  Using just a tiny amount of glue, you MIGHT get a second chance to take it back apart an try again.

Bob

Very good photos... you must talked your wife into taking them since I see both of your hands soldering.[;)]

BTW, what would be the price of a properly working pair? 

I know it would be more personal taste but how would they sound in comparison to modern tweeters such as CP25s?

Ki

Ki,

These belong to a customer.  I hate replacing diaphragms in these really old ones, but can be talked into it for a pair as nice as this one.  What are they worth?  From what I have seen some bring on Ebay, I expect this very nice set would go for around $1000.00 if the seller is willing to ship worldwide.

And, that is my son Michael doing the work.  I am just doing the photography.  

Bob

Ki,

Of the tweeters I have heard, I put the T-350 at the very top.  Now the oldest ones really don't have a chance against the newer ones in my opinion.  Anyway, whenever they came out with the 8 ohm version of the T-350, guessing around 1968, that would be the best of them in my opinion.  Better diaphragm construction and better diaphragm centering on the later models makes those tops in my book.  I have heard and worked on lots of tweeters.  Even build them myself.  The late model T-350 is supurb.

Bob

Sorry for my ignorance but would T-350 be a drop in replacement for K-77 (electrically and mechanically)?

Woud BEC AAs be a good match?

No.  The T-350 is much larger than the K-77 so it is not a drop in mechanically, also it would have to be attenuated about 6 db (I think) to match the other drivers.
Bob