Nice Mahogany Heresy's on West Coast

klipsch4life

Don't bid on these yet. He's got his auction screwed up. He says he has 2 available and his starting price is $780. That means, if you want both of them, you'll have to bid for 2 at $780 each. I imagine he'll figure this out and revise his auction soon. Nice speakers, I bought a pair just like them about a 2 years ago but I didn't let my wife throw out the boxes.

Something does not seem right.

Brand new??? Should be III's right? Not II's

Wife throws away boxes??? But owner is smart enough to have La Scala's...

Come on...

He says he bought them two years ago and never used them. So brand new... sort of.

Looks like he got his quantity thing straightened out now too.

I think it's $780 for the pair, not just one..............think about it, $1,560. for a pair of H2's............You can buy a new pair of H3's for that......

Right. It's a pair now. But when he first entered his acution he had is set up as 2 speakers that you would have had to bid $780(minimum) each. Like I said, he fixed it.

I get it! "Another note," piano, speakers...Woo Hoo!!

Heh heh, just off the top of my shiny head:

Sapele, Sapelli or Aboudikro (Entandrophragma cylindricum) is a large tree, up to 45 m high (rarely 60 m), native to tropical Africa. The leaves are deciduous in the dry season, alternately arranged, pinnate, with 5-9 pairs of leaflets, each leaflet about 10 cm long. The flowers are produced in loose inflorescences when the tree is leafless, each flower about 5 mm diameter, with five yellowish petals. The fruit is a pendulous capsule about 10 cm long and 4 cm broad; when mature it splits into five sections to release the 15-20 seeds.

The commercially important wood is reminiscent of mahogany, with a distinctive figure, typically applied where figure is important. It is sought after as flooring for its durability and beautiful graining. Among its more exotic uses is that in guitar manufacturing, in the back and sides of acoustic guitar bodies as well as the tops of electric guitar bodies, for example by well known guitar manufacturers such as Ibanez (Japan/USA), Taylor (USA) and Esteve (Spain).