FS: pair of black La Scala

Jay L

I purchased these from Colterphoto a while back and cleaned them up a bit. These have been sanded, and painted. They will show their "battlescars" upon close inspection as i didn't want to erase all their history. I believe they are 1976 issue, not matching serials. I have built new AA networks with solen caps, PE brand inductors and BEC 3636 transformers. They are wired and ready for tri-amp or bi-amp if you so choose. They have brand new woofers, and tweeters. The k55's are original and work great. $800 I do not want to ship. local pickup or i can possibly meet in or around central Indiana.

It's a tweeter protection circuit used in place of the zener diodes.

I knew what it was...just curious who did it...rarely seen on this forum.

It's stock on the AL-4's and AK-4's.

Nice job on those Jay, especially the crossovers. I know you did a lot of work on them and it shows. Nice to bring those old smoke-filled beasts back to life. How do they sound?

Michael

well they sound like la scalas :) I think they are a very solid foundation to start a system with. just not my tonal flavor and not SIZED right for my room. I feel they need some room to b r e a t h, to really shine. They are by far and large the LOUDEST damn things ever to sit in my living room. An 8008 powers them with tremendous force. The tripple binding post setup i did is a very convenient way to tweak things on the fly. I do want to say they really look nice, its only upon bright light close inspection you see their history under the paint. I like that look, it tells a story while still holding the WAF intact.

hitting ebay in 48 hours if no interest here.

Don't wait any more...just list them...you did good by offering them up here first.

Everything I offer up here with no takers always sells for a few hundred more on ebay. I think I cleared out and cahsed in about 4k this week, with more stuff to list. Haven't even got to the good stuff yet.

hitting ebay in 48 hours if no interest here.

Don't wait any more...just list them...you did good by offering them up here first.

Everything I offer up here with no takers always sells for a few hundred more on ebay. I think I cleared out and cahsed in about 4k this week, with more stuff to list. Haven't even got to the good stuff yet.