Klipsch RC7 or RC 64

Freak Nasty

Hi Guys,

While the RC64 is getting all these mad-raving and amazing reviews, is it worth upgrading from the RC7 to the RC64. I currrently have the RF7, RC7, RF35 and AVR 3805 setup. I recently just had the chance to see and listen what was the RC64 all about. In the listening room, it was i must say very impressive, the setup was RF83, RC64 and RS62 i think and i was blowned away. It's probably due to the room, the equipments they were using and proper setup. I spoke to the sales person and he was telling me that the RC64 was a better centre than the RC7 and that upgrading would be a good idea. I would be trading in my RC7 and add some more money to get the RC64. While on the other hand i spoke to another dealer and he was telling me that the RC7 is a lot better. Well, i know my RC7 sounds really good but is there a big comparison with the RC64. The first Sales person think that the RC64 is a better match with the RF7's. Can that be true? What are the factors i need to decide upon? I heard about better transition, what does that mean. And how about the horn size of the RF7 and RC7, they are the same size does that need to be the same? WHy do you think he is telling me that RC64 is better with RF7?

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post and it won't matter to Freak Nasty. Yet I thought it would be worth my 2 cents anyway.

I checked with Klipsch support on this very question and was told that "after testing the two at home...the RC64 sounded more natural and...both were excellent with the center dialog". So given the raves of the RC64 I chose it and it sounds fine. There may be a gap in the seam that I can't hear. It may be that the RC7 makes for more seamless sound but the RC64 is superior and nullifies this point. Certainly, this is pure conjecture on my part. I guess if I had an RC7 I wouldn't spend the extra $ on an RC64

I know this is an old post and it won't matter to Freak Nasty.  Yet I thought it would be worth my 2 cents anyway.

I checked with Klipsch support on this very question and was told that "after testing the two at home...the RC64 sounded more natural and...both were excellent with the center dialog".  So given the raves of the RC64 I chose it and it sounds fine.  There may be a gap in the seam that I can't hear.  It may be that the RC7 makes for more seamless sound but the RC64 is superior and nullifies this point.  Certainly, this is pure conjecture on my part. I guess if I had an RC7 I wouldn't spend the extra $ on an RC64 

Why would you open up a old thread covering the exact thing as a current thread already in existence.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/114813.aspx